171w ago - A few days back we saw the x3JailBreak PS JailBreak clone in action, and today the PS3 modchip's official site (linked above) is updated stating that shipping will begin tomorrow and there will be an online verification for updates.
They've listed a number of new features, including account based updates (after verification, so clones don't get access to updates),
future expansion promise.
Realizing the existence of much cheaper homebrew hardware options, they're saying their hardwre is competitively priced to those (teensy++ etc).
Here's their update with the list of features, to quote:
• X3JailBreak will start shipping the 100 samples, starting 2moro(today ;p) (sep 3rd to sep 6th).
• Future updates will need a per user-copy basis (to make clones fail to get the updates ;p, which might get circumvented by open source hack methods anyway)
• X3jailbreak.com will be shipping our samples out to 100 selected requests starting Sept 3rd-Sept 6th and x3jailbreak are now taking pre-orders which will start shipping by the end of next week (Sept 10th-13th). Feel free to submit your pre-orders today.
• Our goal at x3jailbreak was to provide you as customers...
172w ago - Last week we reported on the first PS JailBreak PS3 modchip clone called the x3JailBreak followed by some production pictures, and today the official site (linked above) has been updated with x3JailBreak specifications, pre-order dates and shipping details.
To quote: Scheduled Timeline for X3Jailbreak [2010.08.30]
• We are looking to start shipping out the 100 free sample by Sept 3rd.
• We will start taking Preorder on Sept 6th.
• We are planning to begin shipping to our distributors on Sept 10th
• X3Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
• Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
• Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
• X3Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports all games
• Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard...
172w ago - Today the x3JailBreak site has been updated stating that they have taken over 100 requests for free x3JailBreak samples and are in the process of shipping them out, and the PS JailBreak launch has been delayed.
Additionally, Logic-Sunrise.com has confirmed the x3JailBreak PS3 modchips are in production, so those who do not receive a sample can rest assured they are infact legitimate and coming soon for around 49 €.
CJPC will be testing out the x3JailBreak PS3 modchip here when it arrives, and if all goes well the rumor of the x3JailBreak clone being labeled a fake will be debunked.
Those who pre-ordered the PSJailBreak may have to wait an extra week to receive it, according to xiaNaix of PSX-Scene (linked above) who is close to the the team a shortage of components is being blamed for the launch delay.
To quote: "A shortage of components has forced the delay of the product's launch. There is no longer an official date for shipping to begin but the delay is expected to be anywhere from 3 days to as...
172w ago - Yesterday we reported on news of the first x3JailBreak PS JailBreak PS3 USB ModChip clone, and today it is being labeled as a possible fake with a second clone dubbed the PS3Key Mod surfacing.
Similar to the x3JailBreak site, the Dutch Web site PS3Key.com lacks specific details on the alleged clone, so only time will tell if it is legitimate or not.
They do state, however, to quote: "Good news everyone! Our mad scientist has confirmed that getting into the console is as simple as pretending to be a USB hub! It doesn't look like this is going to take any more than a few weeks!"
According to Nyleveia.com (linked above), x3JailBreak is nothing more than the internals of a generic or branded-clone USB flash drive when compared to PS JailBreak which they say likely utilizes an Alcor AU6984 flash storage controller.
To quote: "Both devices follow a similar layout with a bank of SMT's leading to a crystal oscillator then a flash controller and lastly the SMD (Activity light). On the lower device, the flash memory itself is located on the underside of the PCB, as the many vias present in the PCB around the flash controller indicate.