- Today YouTube user SuperOriginalA
made available a video on how to pair a DualShock 4 Controller with the PS3 to work wirelessly with details below.
To quote: The DualShock 4 Can Now Be Used Wirelessly On PS3
The PS4's controller has been compatible with the PS3 since launch, though only if it was connected through a USB wire. However it now appears one of the recent updates allows for you to connect the controller and use it wirelessly.
I just came across a tip on Reddit (reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/29jpiv/ds4_is_now_supported_wirelessly_after_recent_ps3/) now, and had to try it out for myself, though the console doesn't actually recognize the controller as an official Sony one. The step by step guide is as follows:
- Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
- Go to Accessory settings.
- Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, and start scanning for device.
- Unplug DS4
- While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
- When the light flashes quickly on DS4 plug back in and select Wireless Controller.
- Let registration complete and then unplug.
This isn't full recognition and as a result things like the PS button, as well...