25w ago - Following up on the previous Nintendo Wii U hacking news, today console hacker and mod-chip developer Marcan42 of fail0verflow has shared a Wii U teaser video via 0xf0f on YouTube demonstrating The Homebrew Channel below.
To quote: "We finally have a YouTube channel and we thought we'd kick things off with a little teaser:
Keep in mind that this is purely a demonstration at this stage. Depending on how things progress and what direction development takes, we may or may not release something like this in this form. Please don't ask for release dates. We'd rather spend time investigating the new system than putting together a release that may or may not end up being the Right Way to do things in the future.
Please ignore the blue blinks. The monitor kind of sucks at syncing to component video sometimes. I would've used HDMI, but the Wii U cannot output analog audio simultaneously with HDMI (at least not for the Wii U menu part), and I cannot capture HDMI audio."
On the Wii U specs, Marcan Tweeted the following:...
36w ago - Today Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata confirmed Wii U specs (PDF) during a Japanese presentation alongside Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime discussing the Wii U retail bundles release date, pricing, specifications and launch software.
Below are the details and video, as follows:
The Nintendo Wii U will launch in the US on November 18, 2012 for $299.99 for the basic 8GB version and $349.99 for the deluxe 32GB version that comes complete with extra accessories and the Nintendo Land video game.
In Europe Nintendo's Wii U handheld will launch on November 30, and in Japan the Wii U will launch on December 8, 2012 costing 26,250 Yen for the basic model and 31,000 Yen for the premium model and will also have 8GB and 32GB capacity respectively.
This storage will be used for game saves, game data, and other content downloaded from the Nintendo Network. Wii U game discs will be 25GB each so by the looks of it game installs won't be possible, well not on launch at least. Both SKUs will include HDMI cables an AC adapters for the console and Wii U Gamepad. The Wii U measures 46 mm x 172 mm x 268.5 mm horizontally, it can also be placed vertically.
• Improved cheats support allowing files with 4 chars ID for WiiWare and other things
• WDM file support (put it in folder sd:/ codes or usb:/ codes). You can use 3, 4 or 6 chars for the ID
• Added self-selection using 4 chars on the covers id for Wiiware and removed WiiWare title display when adding a PNG file as icon
Version 5.0 'Good Bye' (needs cIOS 222-223 v4 (from 3.0) at least. New v5.0 versions (IOS 37,38, 57 y 60 no merged). Use the cIOS installer included.
It support NAND emulation for saves, DLC, Wiiware/VC and others news things.
Thanks to ookheldaroo by uLoader icon
1) Copy "apps" folder to your SD
2) Launch cIOS 222 Installer aplicaction. Remenber you it is a different version to use with uLoader. You have the possibility to install cIOS 202 (homebrew), cIOS 222 (uloader) and cIOS 223 (uLoader...
• Support for command and dip_plugin Cover in ehcmodule
• Be deleted using the CIOS 249 (not needed, nor supports the features of uLoader, although suppressed by label)
• Added support 16:9
• Added screensaver mode
• Add alternate menu setup, where you can select whether BCA disk is taken from the database (sd: / bca_database.txt) or in the case of HDD disk / pendrive get the BCA database and 0x100 offset program it in the game
• Add button (slider below) to suppress the vibration of the controller. Furthermore, it has fixed the shakes that occurred occasionally in the read / write
• Add button (top slider) to select 4 icons and 2 sizes for the pointer (hand "special", skull, life preservers and hook [+ laughs]). In case of alternative uLoader, continues with his hand always.
• Add cute...
For those unaware, BCA is the new protection utilized in new Nintendo Wii games and with the editor you can have the BCA codes to use with the loader which can patch on the fly (uLoader, GX and configurable etc.)
Changelog, roughly translated:
• New IOS 38 base. dev/mload with powerfull features and EHCI driver
based in interruptions and more stable
• Support for DVD USB Devices: It can run only DVD backups from .iso (original don't work because DVD drivers don't support the Wii format). Remember you must insert a DVD to work at start the program.
• Support for BCA datas. You can add it from .ISO offset 0x100 (64 bytes). If this area is filled with zeroes it use one BCA by default (NSMB compatible).
• New ioctl 0xda function supported in dip_plugin and new option added for
• DVD mode to read the BCA Datas from the original DVD
• Support to load games from DVD with alternative DOL (press '2' without
• USB device or press...