For those curious, Rogero PS3 Open Backup Manager v6.2 removes the Hermes Patch code to comply with his v3 Payload.
To quote, roughly translated: Rogero offers a new version of its manager in V6.1 qui is based on the Open Manager, like any other kind of applications you can copy your originals on your storage media inside and outside, start your backup.
This game managers display a wallpaper of your games when you pass it. It will be noted on the patch manager Hermes are disabled by default and they only become active when using payload supporting Peek / Poke commands (PSGroove v1.1, v1.0 Hermes ...) in order to avoid compatibility problems with the first payload. You can also enable / disable "live load" with L3.
You can find both versions in the archive, a backup, replacing the default manager (with ID LAUN12345) and another using the ID LAUN12350.
264w ago - The new version of YDL was released. I think the most important new feature is that you can now use the memory of the RSX-GPU as a swap partition.
You should notice a great increase of speed while using linux.
The free version can be downloaded in four weeks. For now only owners of YDL.net Enhanced Accounts can access YDL 6.1.
Press Release: AUSTIN, Texas - 19 November 2008 - From the show floor of SuperComputing 2008, booth #1915, Fixstars today released Yellow Dog Linux v6.1 for Apple G4/G5, Sony PLAYSTATION3, PowerStation, and IBM Power Systems. Built upon the CentOS foundation, a derivative of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, YDL v6.1 offers several end-user and development tool improvements over the previous v6.0.
"This marks the final release of Yellow Dog Linux by Terra Soft and the first by Fixstars," states Owen Stampflee, Fixstars Solutions' Director of Engineering, "In my five years with Terra Soft we have made incremental improvements with each release, always pressing for a higher quality end user experience.
In some updates, we focus on the desktop; in others the development environment. With version 6.1 we have accomplished a unique blend of both. I am personally proud of what we offer with this version of Yellow Dog, and believe our users will enjoy it as...
- Fixed a bug that disabled the first plug-in in VSH.txt when you exit from the VSHMenu.
- Added FIVE new background colors
- Now Alternative VSHMenu can not be started before of 3 seconds: in this way you can avoid console crashes when you accidentally start it during coldboot or returning from games.
- Now there will be a pause of about one second when you exit from A. VSHMenu: in this way your key pressing will not have any effect on XMB (like happened in past).
- Changed HIDE MAC ADDRESS function in AUTO USB CONNECTION: if you enable it, USB connection will be enable always in XMB! In this way when you connect a USB cable your PSP will be connected to your PC/PS3 without you have to press on special icon! (like in PSP-3000).
- Changed CXMB PLUG-IN function in LANGUAGE: now you can select your language from the menu of A. VSHMenu! In this first version, there will be only two language: Italian and English.