8w ago - Following up on PSNope, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer user has made available a VSH Plugin Sample PRX Loader for PS3 followed by v1.0 and a VSH FTP Server PRX and a Web Server SPRX Plug-in by deank with details below.
162w ago - Today stoker25 via PSX-Scene has released CFWLoad v1.0 with source code, which he states is essentially a clone of JaicraB's PS3 USB Custom Firmware Loader with a few differences for people with USBs that have different numbers.
To quote from his site (linked above), roughly translated:
"This program allows to simulate the dev_flash from USB. Allowing a Custom Firmware. We may modify the files of our new dev_flash (USB) as we please, without running the risk of throwing away the PS3.
It is a beta version, probably find bugs. I will continue working on it when time permits me. Remember that suffers no risk to the console. All that is changed the new dev_flash'll be doing really USB.
• Syscall PEEK and POKE.
1. Copy the "FTP server" the entire contents of the / dev_flash the USB (the root).
2. Copy the JaiC_USB_FIRM_LOADER.pkg also the root of the USB.
3. Install the package.
1. Insert the USB into the PS3.
2. Run USB LOADER FIRM. After a few seconds will return to the XMB. The new firmare is loaded.
• Improved network startups and various fixes
• Added internal HDD support (HDL format)
• Added the ability to choose the default menu (USB, NET, HDD games)
• Added the ability to use a valid disc ID for online games
• Added a fix for modchip freezing (maybe not all modchips)
• Many new game compatibility fixes
• Added IGR (In Game Reset) with a disable per game option
• Added Alphabetical Sorting
• Changed Settings categories
• Added page scrolling (R1/L1)
• Added support for user language files
• Network support...