267w ago - As the title states, today a Tom Clancy's EndWar Demo is available for PlayStation 3 via PlayStation Network.
Press Release: TOM CLANCY'S ENDWAR(TM) PLAYSTATION¬®3 SYSTEM DEMO RELEASED TODAY
Demo Already a Smash Hit on Xbox LIVE¬® online entertainment network with Nearly One Million Downloads to Date
SAN FRANCISCO - October 31, 2008 - Kicking off the countdown to the game's release, Ubisoft announced today that a playable demo of Tom Clancy's EndWar(TM) for the PLAYSTATION¬®3 computer entertainment system is now available to consumers. The demo is free and offered for download on the PLAYSTATION¬®Network.
"The EndWar demo is already a smashing success with more than 900,000 players participating and experiencing the game on Xbox LIVE - making it the biggest demo download in the history of the Clancy franchise," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "Ubisoft is thrilled to now be offering PLAYSTATION 3 system owners an opportunity to experience such innovative gameplay for themselves before the game's release next week."
The demo features both single-player and multiplayer gameplay. The single-player portion of the demo is part of the "Prelude to War" campaign, serving as a tutorial for players. The multiplayer portion contains one mode, Conquest,...
270w ago - Notch another game on your Trophy-to-do list. For all you completists out there, here's the list of available PS3 Trophies for Tom Clancy's EndWar. There are 53 Trophies in total: 42 of them are Bronze, 8 are Silver, 1 Platinum, and 2 for Secret.
Huh, no gold, you ask? Actually, those two Secret Trophies are actually Gold Trophies.
Bronze Trophies (42):
* Communication Officer: Complete the Voice Command Trainer.
* First Command: Win the Warning Signs mission.
* Combat Chain Master: Defeat Tanks with Gunships, Gunships with Transports and Transports with Tanks.
* Veteran: Win one match in each game mode (Conquest, Assault, Siege, Raid).
* Road to War: Use Secondary Attack for the first time.
* World in Flames: Win 15 missions in the Solo Campaign.
* Weapon Master: Win a mission by deploying infantry units only.
* Hardened by War: Play 20 Single Player Skirmish matches.
* No Stone Unturned: Win 10 2 vs. 2 multiplayer Skirmish matches.
* Call of Booty: Win 3 missions in a row in Theatre of War.
* Lightning War: Win 30 missions without killing a unit in Theatre of War.
* Blitz: Play 30 missions in Theatre of War city maps.
* Tour of Duty: Disarm 10 minefields in Theatre of War.
* True Patriot: Have one unit fight and...
324w ago - Earlier this year, the prolific publisher promoted its latest Tom Clancy-inspired series EndWar through a viral marketing campaign that played heavily on the collapse of the American government due to a fictional WWIII. Today, Ubisoft unveiled yet another Tom Clancy extension, and once again America seems to be on the unhappy side of a 10-megaton bomb.
As with the rest of the Tom Clancy franchise, the as-yet-untitled game takes place in the near future, with America under attack by a powerful private military group. However, diverging from the infantry-based warfare found in the rest of the franchise, Ubisoft's latest takes to the skies for futuristic flight combat.
At the helm of high-tech jet fighters, players will engage in "all the action and excitement of modern air combat, from intense dogfighting to tactical strikes," said Ubisoft managing director Sébastien Delen. The game will also support online multiplayer combat and have a gradient learning curve through adjustable player-assist features.
Ubisoft has tasked its studio in Bucharest, Romania, to develop the game. Ubisoft Romania's previous work includes Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII and Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific.
Ubisoft plans to launch its latest Tom Clancy series in 2008 on consoles and the PC.