209w ago - Over the last few days the XBox 360 scene has seen a lot of progress, but with it also comes a lot of infighting as well between developers.
Today Iriez has shared his side of what is going on 'behind-the-scene' with Team HyperX/Team Jungle, C4E, LiteOn Encryption and the recent XBox 360 hacking developments.
While this isn't exactly newsworthy, it's an interesting read, to quote:
"A overview of the history behind firmware modification & the creation and conclusion of the team formerly 'Team jungle' and the story of an unsuccessful extortion. All views expressed are documented between several members of Team Jungle,THX and the scene and are not opinions expressed by Xbox-Scene.
A great amount of work has been put into the xtreme, and now current ixtreme firmware. commodore4eva, now simply known as 'c4e' came upon the scene to bring changes to the xbox360's firmware that lead to new innovations and progress to a section within the xbox360 hacking scene.
These changes have been for the most part very positive, and in 2009 I formed a group who became known as 'Team Jungle' who spent 8 months working in unison to crack the first LiteOn drive. It was a very very big achievement, and kudos is deserved all around for each...
a. Does not need your DVD key,
b. Does not need spoofing as another drive,
c. Does not need to use the tray half open and
d. Does not need to use the activate.iso to use this firmware on the pc.
SS v2 supports multiple timing samples for challenges type 5 and 7, storing them in the SS. This is a pre-requisite for SS v3 which has support for the so called AP2.5 check. Since this has never been used or may never be used by MS we will adopt a wait and see...
• Strict Wave 3 compliance! hybrid (modified disks) will not boot!
• Strict drive speed compliance - 12x only for game discs!
• Support for SS V2!
• Integrated 0800 for game dumping including SS v2!
• Full support for all known game exceptions! eg ddr etc!
• One shot boot mode! - allows a one off boot of gamedisc without -stealth/partition checks (will still use stealth), use activate.iso disk to activate each time!
• Support for easy drive key/version info cmd, same as liteon!
• Strict stealth/wave checking, one shot boot mode will boot wave(x)!
Strict Wave 3 compliance means wave 3 games will only boot if they have correct PFI/DMI/SS...