- Sony Director of Emerging Platforms Chris Mahoney
announced today that Chimpact swings to PlayStation Mobile tomorrow!
Below are the details, as follows: Monkeys are fun. They jump around, swing on vines, love high places, and occasionally fling poo at people that they don't like.
Today we are pleased to announced that you can have just as much fun as monkeys do (minus the poo) with the release of Yippie! Entertainment
's Chimpact on PlayStation Mobile.
In Chimpact, you play as a little monkey who has to bounce around and collect items through a variety of levels to make it home safely. The game is absolutely gorgeous and the gameplay is simple, yet challenging. Chimpact is a new age platformer that has gameplay reminiscent of similar games from the 16-bit era.
The game features:
• Simple, one-touch gameplay
• Amazing visuals and character design
• 48 fun-filled levels to complete
• Invigorating jungle-themed background music
• Gem Quest and Totem Trial game modes
• Hidden items and achievements to unlock
Kevin Green, the Lead Artist for Chimpact, had this to say about the game in an interview with Pocket Gamer:
We were looking at a few things...