- The kind people of team D2SUN
(linked above) have sent out some samples of the new Nintendo Wii SunDisk Chip
After testing this chip out I have to say that there is not much more one could even expect out of a drive chip.
Some high points:
• Chip comes retail packaged nicely.
• Quality of the pcb is excellent.
• Chip is large but fit's perfectly under the drive when placed correctly.
• So much more than just a drive chip, having the ability to dump disks directly to the onboard nand, copy .iso from pc to chip and vice versa, and loading them from the chip effectively emulating the drive all together.
It almost seems that the only thing it cannot do is play the game for you
Here is the feature list followed by some pics!
• plug and play,100% solderless
• come with A.I. Boot to auto choose region, support JAP/USA/KOR/EUR all regions perfectly,100% smart and play & play!
• support all old and last wiis
• support D5/D9 games
• support homebrew roms
• support GC games
• support all Wii games with same region
• support partial Wii games with different region