- A year back we reported
news of launching PSP games on a PS3 from Russian hacker GamerSuper
, and today PlayStation 3 hacker Snowydew
of Gitbrew confirms that PSP games are indeed mountable on PS3 but notes that only some are actually playable.
Below are some relevant Tweets from him on mounting Loco Roco (pictured below) for PSP on the PS3, and as always we will update this article as more details surface:
- Yes psp games ARE mountable, but some are not playable. I'll try lumines to see if it works though.
- rar the directories if you can and send it to "snowy" on the gitbrew irc, when i wake up i'll have a look
- Games to be run on it. Time to look towards the psone classics then, that or lets see if i can mount actual psone games. This shall be fun
- The loco roco i used was from a umd, not psn related. From the documentation i've been reading, it would require heavy modification for psp
- I need the psn versions sadly , already installed is what i need / specific files that are in the directory.
- The reason i say that, is because i own these copies. Hardcopies / psone discs and psn /ps3 installed...