43w ago - Bethesda Softworks Global Community Lead Matt Grandstaff has announced that the first PS3 Skyrim DLC Dragonborn lands today on PSN.
Below are the details, to quote: The wait is over! For the next three weeks, we'll be releasing a new Skyrim add-on each week on PSN. This week, with Dragonborn, you'll journey beyond Skyrim to Solstheim, an island off the coast of Morrowind. Use all your abilities and skills honed in Skyrim to save the island from a mysterious power that threatens to destroy Solstheim's inhabitants.
Beyond Dragonborn's main quest, the content is packed with hours of new areas to explore complete with new characters, new towns, new dungeons and plenty of new side quests to complete.
And for elite players that have attained Level 81 status, you'll have a chance to square off with the game's fiercest adversary, The Ebony Warrior.
For more details on Dragonborn, available for 50% off ($9.99) during launch week only, read our list of features below:
• Explore Beyond Skyrim - Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn's return.
• Become the Ultimate Dragonborn - Harness the power of the...
46w ago - Bethesda Softworks Global Community Lead Matt Grandstaff has shared a video today announcing that the Skyrim add-ons land on PS3 in February 2013 with 50% off for one week.
Below are the details, to quote: Today we're excited to announce that, next month, we'll be releasing all of Skyrim's add-on content on PlayStation Store.
The 1.8 title update will also release just prior to the launch of Dragonborn. We'll keep you posted as release dates get finalized both on our end and with Sony for each and its various languages. Last but not least, each add-on will be 50% off during its launch week on PSN.
Ready to learn more about the content you'll be playing? Here's a quick overview:
In Dragonborn, you'll journey off the coast of Morrowind, to the island of Solstheim. Encounter new towns, dungeons, and quests, as you traverse the ash wastes and glacial valleys of this new land. Become more powerful with shouts that bend the will of your enemies, and even tame dragons. Your fate, and the fate of Solstheim, hangs in the balance as you face off against your deadliest adversary - the first Dragonborn.
• Explore Beyond Skyrim - Leave the province of Skyrim and...
103w ago - Following up on their previous patch, today Bethesda announced that the Skyrim version 1.3 PS3 update is now live on PSN with the changes detailed below.
To quote: The update is now up on XBox Live and available on PSN in Europe. We'll let you know when it's live in North America. For PC players, the Large Address Aware update is currently in testing. More to come soon.
Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)
General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
106w ago - Today Bethesda have announced that the Skyrim version 1.2 PS3 update is now live, and have detailed the changes below as follows:
Today we've begun rolling out Skyrim's 1.2 update for PlayStation 3 (labeled 2.01 on PSN).
The update is already available for users in Europe and we will let you know as soon as it's up in North America. Our current ETA for Xbox 360 and PC players is this Wednesday, November 30th.
So what does the new update cover? Details below...
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
• Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
• Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
• Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
• Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
• Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
• Dragon corpses now clean up properly
• Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
• Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
• Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
• Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory