20w ago - Killzone Community Editor Victor Zuylen made available a Killzone: Shadow Fall PS4 Q&A today detailing the creation of Echo and Sinclair.
Below are the details, to quote: As we announced earlier this month, we've secured the amazing talents of David Harewood and Jamie Gray Hyder to portray two key characters from Killzone: Shadow Fall - VSA director Sinclair and Helghast intelligence operative Echo.
But who exactly are Sinclair and Echo, and how did their character designs come about? We asked Assistant Art Director Dan Calvert to shed some light on these enigmatic characters.
PlayStation.Blog: Who are Sinclair and Echo, and what roles do they play in KZ:SF?
Dan Calvert: Sinclair is the head of the Vektan Security Agency - his job is to make sure the balance of power favors Vekta without escalating the cold war into open conflict. Part spymaster - part diplomat, and with a shrewd strategic mind, he is Lucas' direct CO and mentor.
Like Lucas, Echo is an elite operative tasked to cross the wall, and her mission puts them on a collision course. She is extremely dangerous; an equal but opposite reflection of the player character.
PSB: How did the design of these characters evolve?
278w ago - Akop has updated his Sinclair Spectrum emulator for the PlayStation Portable today.
For those not aware, the Sinclair Spectrum was released in the UK in 1982 and become one of the most popular computer systems at the time. It's an 8-bit computer that runs on Sinclair BASIC which was a deviation of the BASIC programming language. As always, the changelog is detailed below.
* New EBOOT icons based on Raven's stuff
* Add several new hotkeys:
- Settings such as FPS, render mode can now be directly
modified inside the emulator
(no need to enter in the settings menu)
- Quick save / quick load current state
(no need to enter in the main menu)
* Default Hotkeys can now be set in the keyboard mapping menu
(useful to add hotkeys on existing/previous keyboard files)
* Add VSync option
* Can now be compiled for Linux (useful for debug)
* Bug fix in the low battery watchdog
- IR keyboard support !
- Now compatible with custom firmwares 3.x and PSP-slim
- New graphics
- Display and save thumbnail images for each save state
- New render mode (fit height and fit) using GPU
- New psp clock option (it can now run at 133 Mhz)
- New speed limiter function
- Add option to display fps rate
- Add a simple intro splash screen
- Emulator menus reorganization (new menu for settings)
- Add help menu
- Add keyboard change skin option
(you can add your own virtual keyboard images in the graphics directory).
- Multiple keyboard mapping feature (Thanks to Pou-chan)
You can now toggle between three different keyboard mapping settings using
L/R Trigger keys
- Option to prevent the blue led to be displayed when
L or R are pressed
- Support iso8859-1 fonts in print text functions
(might be useful to translate menus...