2d ago - Following up on the recent PS4 Jailbreak rumors that appear to have been debunked as fake, today a picture of a purported PlayStation 4 in Factory Service Mode surfaced on IRC with the hope that PS4 FSM will lead to useful developments such as the PS3 FactoryServiceMode Tool did for the PlayStation 3 scene.
We will post more details on the PS4 Factory / Service Mode picture as they surface, and below are some PlayStation 4 Safe Mode (Recovery Menu) details for those who weren't aware how to access it as well.
Starting the PS4 in Safe Mode
Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
3w ago - Sony Network Entertainment Social Media Manager Elina Chen shared a video today which introduces the Video Unlimited Service and Music Unlimited Service on PlayStation 4 below.
To quote: We know you're excited to get your hands on the PlayStation 4. We're just as excited to show off what's new when it comes to the Video Unlimited service and Music Unlimited service.
What's new on the Video Unlimited service:
• Faster start times and quicker navigation
• Access to over 200,000 movies and TV episodes
• Instant streaming of new purchases that accounts for bandwidth to minimize buffering
• Cloud storage of all new purchases, eliminating hard drive clutter
• Past purchases will soon be available through cloud storage
• Social features that show what your friends have watched and rated
What's new on the Music Unlimited service:
• Completely redesigned user interface
• Enhanced discoverability to help you navigate our vast library of 22 million tracks
• High quality audio streaming for every song
• System-level integration that lets you play songs from your playlists while playing games, accessible through the mini-player that appears...
25w ago - Sony PlayStation Store Director Grace Chen announced news of a Music Unlimited Service discount for PlayStation Plus Members today.
Below are the details, to quote: Just in time for summer, PlayStation Plus members can get a whole year's worth of music at a substantial discount.
Starting today for a limited time, a 12 month Premium subscription to the Music Unlimited service is just $41.99 for PS+ members - a discount of over 65 percent from the regular monthly price. Those who don't have a PS+ membership can also take advantage of a special rate of $59.99 for the 12 month Premium subscription.
As a Music Unlimited Premium subscriber, you'll have full access to every feature of our cloud-based music service and entire catalog of more than 20 million songs that can be streamed across multiple devices, including: PS3, PS Vita, PSP, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPod, Android smartphone and tablets, and more. Other feature Premium features include
• Synchronization of your music across multiple devices for a consistent experience.
• Access to an extensive, always growing global catalog that currently features over 20 million tracks.
• Offline playback so that you can always listen to your music, even when you're not connected to a network.
40w ago - Today Nilay Patel of TheVerge.com spoke to Sony Electronics President and Chief Operating Officer Phil Molyneux who confirmed in the interview that Sony's 4K movie service will be hitting PS4 / PlayStation 4 and require 100GB-plus downloads!
Below are the details, to quote: "Sony is still being secretive about its forthcoming "world's first" 4K movie download service, but it sounds like it will eventually work with the equally-mysterious PS4. That's the word according to Sony Electronics President and COO Phil Molyneux, who said "I promise you will not be disappointed" when asked if the service would support his company's new console. That certainly makes sense, and it lines up with previous reports that the PS4 would support 4K photos and video, but not games.
Molyneux spoke to The Verge at a Sony event in New York City where he'd invited the press to compare Sony's newest TVs, headphones, and cameras to similar products from competitors - an event designed to highlight what Molyneux called his "utter confidence" in his product lineup. Still, the questions about why consumers would buy 4K TVs remained, especially around the upcoming download service.
51w ago - Following up on the previous revision, today PlayStation 3 developer deank has updated multiMAN to version 04.15.00 which now includes Remote Access functionality allowing you to link PS3 CEX and DEX consoles together alongside mmRAS (multiMAN Remote Access Service) by aldostools with details below.