141w ago - Sega Digital Campaigns Manager Mike Kebby has announced today that Mega Drive Classics are coming to Sony's PlayStation Network.
To quote: So I'm not going to pretend that this is news to you as it's already been announced that we have six Mega Drive titles - Classics, if you will - coming to PS Plus users for free.
Did you know however, that non-subscribers will also be able to get hold of them too?
Starting with the well loved Sonic the Hedgehog, which is coming to you via PlayStation Store this Wednesday 30th March, to then be followed over the next few months by five more titles. Those other five titles you may well ask? Well, they would be Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe 2, Altered Beast and Comix Zone.
At the moment we've got a release schedule in place, and unless some unruly badniks get into the system and damage our code, you can expect the titles to release as follows:
• Sonic 2 - free for PS Plus users on April 6th, released onto PS Store on April 20th
• Streets of Rage 2 - free for Plus users on May 4th, released onto PS Store on May 18th
• Golden Axe 2 - free for Plus users on June 1st, released onto PS Store on June 15th
As yet we can't confirm the release dates for Altered Beast and Comix...
219w ago - Sega's Associate Community Manager Julian Mehlfeld has announced that today Sega Classics are hitting Sony's PlayStation Network to coincide with the launch of their PSPgo console.
To quote: Starting with the release of the PSPgo, we're happy to announce our some of our PSP of titles are available for download on day one.
We've got a few titles you might have missed that are worth a look, or even a second look if you've already played them. Below we've got a brief summary of the titles you'll come across and will be taking a deeper dive on a few of them across our Sega blogs in the days to come.
Alien Syndrome Alien Syndrome is a sequel to an old arcade game of the same name and takes place some 20 years after the original. Featuring over 80 different weapons, hundreds of armors and items, 3 difficulty modes, ad hoc multiplayer, and over 40 levels, Alien Syndrome will keep any dungeon crawler busy for a while. The game is probably best described as a top down shooter with added RPG elements.
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars Are you ready to make some crazy money? Crazy Taxi for PSP is actually a collection containing the original Crazy Taxi and the sequel, Crazy Taxi 2. In Fare Wars, you've got access to all the original crazy moves, over 30 crazy...
259w ago - Some digging at the official ESRB Web site by Shard of NeoGAF (linked above) has uncovered several new SEGA classic titles which are destined for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.
To quote: Well, you all know the drill, a bit of deep search has yielded the following ratings.
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 SEGA Everyone Comic Mischief Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 SEGA Everyone No Descriptors Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA Everyone No Descriptors Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Streets of Rage 2 SEGA Everyone Animated Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Gunstar Heroes SEGA Everyone 10+ Cartoon Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Phantasy Star II SEGA Everyone Mild Animated Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Comix Zone SEGA Everyone Animated Violence Windows PC, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
Quite the bounty listed, it is interesting in light of that Sega comp disc getting a release next year.