280w ago - If you, or anyone you know, is having trouble accessing our Web site or Site Forums please let us know and include the following details:
• PC OS (Windows, Linux, etc)
• Web Browser and Version (Internet Explorer, FireFox, etc)
• Geographic Location (US, EU, etc)
• ISP (if you feel comfortable)
• Firewall/Internet Security Software (Norton, McAfee, etc)
For the last week or so we've been having some Web server issues, hence the delayed Site News updates, ranging from our Portal to RSS and Forum issues. Our dedicated Newsposter Staff have been given the week off, while CJPC (who is currently quite sick) and myself have been trying to sort things out.
Everyone we speak with on IRC say they can access the Site/Forums OK, and we can ourselves, however, traffic analytics tell us over the last week or so over there is nearly a 50% drop... most visible accessing the Forums. Obviously summer is upon us and people are on vacation, but not 50% of the PS3News Forum Members are all at once
We are trying to troubleshoot this, and once things are back to normal we also have some nice PS3 Dev progress to share as well.
307w ago - Underminer has updated PReSS- an enhanced RSS reader for PSP today. PReSS can read any standards-compliant RSS feed containing images and text with ease, unlike the built-in firmware RSS reader, which is limited to audio, video and image feeds.
Updated features include support for viewing images in full screen as well as the ability to add links to browser bookmarks.
* Image full screen - Handy for comics or another way of browsing topics
* Added Newly Added category under catalogue
* Add links to browser bookmarks
* Font size
* Hide feed view
* Feed update combo
* Next unread combo
* Faster saving/loading feeds
* Fixed leftmost pixel column bug: the leftmost column is simply not blitted anymore,
which would display improperly sometimes
* Added activity indicator for feed download: if it doesn't move for 5 seconds; it never will
* Parallel feed downloading cuts waiting time
* Improved unreadable character replacement
317w ago - The Underminer has shared the initial release of PReSS, an enhanced RSS reader for PSP. Unlike Sony's built-in RSS reader, which currently only supports audio and video feeds, PReSS can read any standards-compliant feed containing images and text with ease. Moreover, PReSS is written for the 3.X kernel, so it works on any PSP running custom firmware.
* Supports GIF, PNG and JPEG images
* Compatible with all RSS versions (but not Atom or RDF)
* Supports WEP WiFi connections (other encryptions untested)
* Resizes images to fit the window
* Has it's own built in catalogue, filled with user submitted feed (submit feeds in the 'Suggest feeds' section of the website)
* Fully skinnable
* Topic expiring. With the more popular feeds; manually deleting topics becomes a tiring business.
* Set an expiration time and type (either days or max amount of topics)