195w ago - The kind people of team D2SUN (linked above) have sent out some samples of the new Nintendo Wii SunDisk Chip for testing.
After testing this chip out I have to say that there is not much more one could even expect out of a drive chip.
Some high points:
• Chip comes retail packaged nicely.
• Quality of the pcb is excellent.
• Chip is large but fit's perfectly under the drive when placed correctly.
• So much more than just a drive chip, having the ability to dump disks directly to the onboard nand, copy .iso from pc to chip and vice versa, and loading them from the chip effectively emulating the drive all together.
It almost seems that the only thing it cannot do is play the game for you
Here is the feature list followed by some pics!
The SUNDISK final SPEC:
• plug and play,100% solderless
• come with A.I. Boot to auto choose region, support JAP/USA/KOR/EUR all regions perfectly,100% smart and play & play!
• support all old and last wiis
• support D5/D9 games
• support homebrew roms
• support GC games
• support all Wii games with same region
• support partial Wii games with different region
240w ago - Japanese site PC Watch has disassembled and reviewed the new PSP-3000 console today, and in doing so have posted several detailed pictures of the process along the way... including packaging, parts, and PCB pics!
Those interested can check out the link above for all of the related information and of course photos.
Although it's not great, HERE is a translated link of the page courtesy of Google.