162w ago - PlayStation Network Product Manager James Thorpe has brought an October treat for PlayStation Network Plus members today, specifically a 20% discount on select games and DLC.
To quote: Here is another fantastic mid-month treat for October in addition to the content you are getting in November.
Later today, you will be able to download the latest DLC for Red Dead Redemption, 'Undead Nightmare', and Plus members can enjoy it with an exclusive 20% discount.
Here's what they are saying about this great piece of DLC:
"In addition to this epic new single-player adventure, The Undead Nightmare Pack also features brand new gameplay mechanics, weapons, zombie animals, mythical creatures and even a brand new secret location."
Also, from 3 November you will be able to try out the God of War I and II HD remakes as Full Game Trials and then buy the God of War Collection bundle afterwards, also with a 20% discount.
163w ago - Today SCEE's James Gallagher has detailed some recent Red Dead Redemption Hunting & Trading Pack issues that users may be experiencing due to an incomplete PSN upload by Sony.
To quote: It has come to our attention that an incomplete version of the Hunting and Trading DLC for Red Dead Redemption was uploaded to PlayStation Network; we apologise for any inconvenience.
This issue has since been rectified, but anyone that downloaded the pack before it was fixed may be experiencing the following issues:
• Days in game reset
• Missions cannot be started and/or do not reset for retries (user is always told to come back the next day)
• Gang hideouts empty with message to return later
• Some hideouts not recognized as gang hideouts and others say "please come back later"
• Buffalo herd not spawning
• Savvy merchant does not register that you have bought stuff in all gunsmiths
• Herb nodes do not reset and some nodes of all type are empty
• Mission markers gone from map and/or being told to come back after a particular time even after waiting over 24 hours
• The user cannot get back up after falling off a cart during a crash.
• When exiting multiplayer, the game saves but does not return to single-player
178w ago - Today Rockstar has offically announced the PS3 DLC for Red Dead Redemption, which includes a zombie mode among several other updates!
To quote: Today, we are proud to announce plans for an ongoing series of downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption.
Four packs of add-on downloadable content will be released for PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE over the next few months, starting with the 'Legends and Killers' Pack at the beginning of August and culminating with the Red Dead Redemption 'Undead Nightmare' Pack this fall.
These packs follow the recent release of the Free 'Outlaws to The End' Co-Op Mission Pack, which is available now on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.
The upcoming downloadable content includes:
Legends and Killers Pack (Releasing beginning of August 2010)
New active map locations, characters and more:
• 9 New Multiplayer map locations – more than doubling the amount of territories in the Multiplayer Competitive modes
• 8 New Multiplayer characters– play as characters from Red Dead Revolver
• Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding Challenges for single player and multiplayer
• New Achievements/Trophies
• Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network),...
182w ago - Today RockStar Games has announced that the Red Dead Redemption PlayStation 3 update version 1.02 has arrived, which users will be prompted to download when signing in to PSN.
The main issues fixed by the title update are as follows, to quote:
• Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues (Click here for tips on how to optimize your firewall settings)
• Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
• Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
• Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
• Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
• Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
• Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
• Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
• Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
• Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
• Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
• Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches