285w ago - Zx-81 has updated his 8-bit Amstrad CPC emulator known as PSPCAP32 today. The emulator is a direct port of Ulrich Doewich's Caprice32, originally written for Windows and Unix, albeit with various PSP specific enhancements.
In addition to a bug fix regarding CRTC emulation, version 1.4.1 adds support for two virtual drives, allowing users to mount the Amstrad-compatible SymbOS on one, while storing application and game disks on the other.
- Many optimizations to speed up the emulation, frame rate is now 49 fps at 222Mhz in ultra mode, on CPC startup window. Main modifications:
. Z-80 part as been rewritten using several hints such as explicit jump tables for instructions decode
. CRT and sound part has been optimized
- Auto-fire mode, press RTrigger+X to switch it on/off (useful for games such as defend or die !)
- Add new hotkeys to setup auto fire speed
- Bug fix in the low battery watchdog
- RTrigger/LTrigger keys can be used in the keyboard settings menu to navigate between Normal, LTrigger and RTrigger compose mapping.
- New "Command" feature in the emulator menu:
. You have now to choose the command you want to run using arrows.
- Default Hotkeys can now be set in the keyboard mapping menu (useful to add...
- improve speed (+3 fps at 222Mhz)
- add new hotkeys :
. settings such as fps, delta_y or render mode
can now be directly modified inside the emulator
(no need to enter in the settings menu)
. quick save / quick load current state
(no need to enter in the main menu)
- bug fix in green/monochrome default settings
- Option to display in green (monochrome)
- Option to scroll up or down the screen
(when the screen is not properly centered)
- Analog pad can now be used in the file requester
to move faster through the disk/snapshot lists
- Check CPM disk automatically
(and run |CPM instead of RUN")
- Bug fix in the disk explorer menu
(when the number of files on disk was too high)
- IR keyboard works now also in the keyboard settings
- Bug fix in the render function, sometimes the screen
became dark (it should not happen anymore).
314w ago - Zx-81 has released an update to PSPCAP32, a Amstrad CPC emulator for the PSP. Version 1.3.1 represents a major upgrade from the previous release, featuring massive speed improvements and enhanced sound emulation.
- Major Speed improvements, it's really fullspeed even using GU rendering !
45 fps at 222Mhz using the fast mode, >50 fps for any mode at 266Mhz.
- Games on disk are now automatically loaded on startup !
- Menu to explore the disk content and possibly load files with
Basic RUN" command
- Sound improvements
- Add several news options such as one to display (or not) the border,
or to select disk startup mode etc ...
- Bug fix in the keyboard settings menu
(when the virtual keyboard is displayed, then you can still use the
d-pad to select menu items)
- Other bug fix and code cleaning