182w ago - The Electronic Entertainment Expo is set to begin this week, and according to Sony's PlayStation E3 2010 site they are set to reveal new hardware at this year's conference.
Excluding the PlayStation Motion Controller, it is more likely a PSP2 may be revealed this year over the recently rumored PS4.
To quote: "According to the official Sony E3 site, Sony will showcase new hardware on Tuesday: E3 2010 is coming! Meet us here to see what awesome games and hardware is being revealed!
While some speculate a PSP2 announcement from Sony is a possibility, the best bet right now would be another revision of the current PSP hardware with a design more akin to that of the PSPGo or the hardware simply being the Move controller.
Sony is set to take stage at E3 in just over 2-days, so we'll know for certain then."
186w ago - Following up on our previous article, today VG247.com (linked above) has reported that Sony's upcoming PSP2 will feature a touch-screen and two cameras.
As part of their E3 2010 reveal, the following details have currently surfaced on the PlayStation Portable 2, to quote:
• Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
• PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
• It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
• UK sources were previously working towards a "2010″ release. This is now "2011″.
• One source would be "amazed" if there was any kind of physical media involved. We've been told it "could" be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
• Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
• There have been "finished units" in the UK, but we haven't spoken to anyone that's seen a final case.
• When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, "If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning...
186w ago - There have been countless PSP2 rumors in circulation, from forecasted features to the graphics chip, but according to MCVUK.com (linked above) it appears that analysts may be correct as the PlayStation Portable 2 is rumored to be Sony's big surprise at E3 2010.
To quote: "MCV has been informed of a significant increase in marketing spend at two key publishers for Q4 2010. At a time when the PSP is languishing in Western markets - and its most recent iteration, the PSPgo, is falling flat - it is being speculated that publishers are laying the ground for an offensive on a brand new iteration of Sony's handheld.
Another publisher has also told MCV that it is waiting on a specific announcement from the platform holder before it can reveal of its future PSP plans until, though it did allude to the ongoing development of several unnamed titles behind closed doors.
The PSP is currently in its sixth year on the market, and despite having undergone a number of revisions remains...
211w ago - According to both analysts and PSXExtreme.com (linked above), a new PSP console dubbed the PSP2 will arrive in 2010 to compliment Sony's PSPGo and feature PowerVR SGX543 graphics.
Apparently it has been in development since 2008, alongside several other PSP models, and will phase out the PSP-3000 console.
To quote: "According to BSN, the new generation of portable technology from Sony will indeed arrive next year and feature PowerVR SGX543 graphics.
We learn that past rumors were also mostly true, as their sources tell us the PSP2 has been in development since 2008 and exactly one year ago today, Sony unofficially announced the selection of Imagination Technologies' SGX graphics processor.
Earlier today, we heard something similar in regards to the potential tech leaks for the PS4 and new PSP, which is starting to become clearer and more legitimate.
It also seems obvious that Sony will push forward with the freshly released PSP Go and replace...