58w ago - Beefy Media Executive Producer Adam Boyes has posted up a video announcing that World Gone Sour hits PSN today starring the Sour Patch Kids.
To quote: If you could ask the candy that you eat what its lifelong goals are, what would it say? Would it tell you that it wants to be an astronaut? Drive in the Indy 500? Run a marathon?
Probably not. If you asked a Sour Patch Kid that question, the answer would be this: To make it to the human belly, their sweet rapture.
And that, my friends, is the premise of our new video game World Gone Sour starring the sweet-then-sour candy, Sour Patch Kids.
We took that premise, added Creed Bratton from NBC's "The Office" as our "sometimes sweet and sometimes sour" narrator, got Wu-Tang's own Method Man to create a custom song included in the game, and set out to make a ridiculously fun game for you to enjoy.
World Gone Sour is a puzzle platformer made by the incredibly talented team at Playbrains (makers of the PSN-exclusive game Sideway where you play as an inch-high candy in a twisted miniature world where you play through sticky movie theatre floors, across sizzling hamburger grills, through a psychotic doll house, and over razor sharp buzz saws.
75w ago - Following up on their previous patch, today Bethesda announced that the Skyrim version 1.3 PS3 update is now live on PSN with the changes detailed below.
To quote: The update is now up on XBox Live and available on PSN in Europe. We'll let you know when it's live in North America. For PC players, the Large Address Aware update is currently in testing. More to come soon.
Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)
General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
76w ago - Sony Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home update patch version 1.60 will be arriving this Thursday with details below, as follows:
This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces!
Here's a look at what's coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
How to Apply the v1.60 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (v1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the v1.60 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Furniture Placement Limit
• We have doubled the furniture placement limit in personal spaces and clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
• Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
• 100 standard furniture items or...
• 78 standard furniture items...
86w ago - Sony PlayStation Home Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home patch update 1.55 is hitting PSN this Thursday with numerous updates included below.
To quote: This Thursday, September 29th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.55 delivers a brand new start-up experience, updates to the Wardrobe and Furniture browser, and general enhancements that will result in improved stability and smoother operation.
Here's a look at what's coming as part of PlayStation Home 1.55:
How to Apply the 1.55 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the 1.55 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Improved the layout, design, color scheme and text of the start-up flow.
• The start-up flow will now display a variety of information depending on how recently you last visited PlayStation Home.
98w ago - President and Executive Producer Dylan Cuthbert at Q-Games Limited has announced today that the PixelJunk Shooter 2 patch is now live on PSN.
To quote: Hey everyone! I am happy to announce a patch for PixelJunk Shooter 2. We've changed a few things. Read on for the full list:
• There was a bug where some enemies would spawn right on top of you giving you that awesome "insta-death" you really don't want in a game... well, we fixed it!
• The online connectivity has been tuned to allow you to hook up with other players much more easily. Try it out!
• If you get matched against a higher ranking player you get a nice large cash bonus (Q space bucks of course) if you win! This gives you a big incentive to challenge yourself more when you get matched up against someone who seems better than you. Hint: stay calm and use strategy, you can definitely take them!
• We added an option to the pause screen that lets you take a break in the middle of a stage and come back later to finish it off. So when your mom calls you to the dinner table just choose that option, go eat your dinner *and* be nice to the environment by switching off your PS3!
• Even if you kill a few survivors and get a game over screen you can "continue" - your score...