- Today Sony's Senior Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media Patrick Seybold
has posted an update on their response to the U.S. House of Representatives via the PlayStation Blog.
To quote: Today, the Subcommittee on Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce held a hearing in Washington, DC on The Threat of Data Theft to American Consumers.
Kazuo Hirai, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sony Computer Entertainment America, submitted written answers to questions posed by the subcommittee about the large-scale, criminal cyber-attack we have experienced. We wanted to share those answers with you (click [Register or Login to view links]
In summary, we told the subcommittee that in dealing with this cyber attack we followed four key principles:
1. Act with care and caution.
2. Provide relevant information to the public when it has been verified.
3. Take responsibility for our obligations to our customers.
4. Work with law enforcement authorities.
We also informed the subcommittee of the following:
- Sony has been the victim of a very carefully planned, very professional, highly sophisticated criminal...