The PlayStation Download Manager 3.97 has been released with something you've all been wanting
It no longer displays the annoying advert however for anyone copying this, please don't hotlink or post as attachments. Use the provided adf.ly link as this help's fund web hosting and cover the cost of resource's like bandwidth which is costly in the UK (Rural Areas).
The issue with the application not starting has also been resolved, and seemed to be people missing the latest, Java, .NET and IE.
so make sure you've got the latest versions or follow the troubleshooting instructions; this should run better than older versions
1) The advertisement shown on start-up has been removed
2) The premium membership has been discontinued as it serves no purpose any more (It's ad free)
3) Further improvement to the code as the premium account check has been removed
4) Adjustments to the threading to prevent the application from freezing when checking for new versions (Very rare glitch)
99w ago - Hi, sorry for the delay in the updates I've been a bit busy this month however have found the time to add a small feature into the PSN Download Manager program which is now updated to version 3.93.
PlayStation Download Manager / Booster is an application designed to increase the download speeds of the PlayStation Network, it can install both free and paid content as long as you've paid for it.
In order to create a speed boost, it creates multiple segments which will draw data from the servers using multi-threading, this allows you to achieve the maximum speed of your line; unlike the PS3 which uses only 1 transfer.
Your PC can also be faster at downloading in general due to several factors, including it's connection method, processor speed, RAM and TCP Optimizations.
PSN Download Manager 3.93 Changes:
1) Added the Connection Optimizer
2) Reduced / Improved the code by around 20KB
101w ago - Just a small update, to announce the very first plugin / extension is out for the PlayStation Download Manager as requested by users, this is a small sample of the PS3 Automatic Game Updater / LVC - Latest Version Checker.
It currently will not automatically update your games, but will demonstrate the features that will be included in the Automatic Game Updater extension / plugin due for release in the next week.
1) Can locate the latest update for a PS3 Game
2) Ability to search via the BCES / BLES / BLUS Code
3) Initiate the download on the PS Download Manager 3.92
There will be an update to this extension / plugin, that will turn it into the Automatic Game Updater as this will be the very core behind it.
101w ago - Hey, this weekend I got together with a group of friends and we worked very hard to deliver some big changes and to expand our work.
First of all, we've revamped the website with many more features and support for 57 languages so everyone can enjoy our content, and find what they're looking for quicker.
Then we improved are website's stability, and made some changes with the download manager to take this into account, so if we go into maintenance mode the download manager doesn't stop working.
And after the website was finished, I thought 'Why is my code so messy, can I make it faster? smoother? and smaller? yet keep the functionality?' and yes, I did exactly that and reduced the amount of code by around 100KB and it's only limitation is your computer, the code is as optimized as possible.
Here are the changes in 3.92:
1) URL Detection is now 200ms faster per file
2) New File-Type Menu for those with limited technical ability
3) Huge Code optimizations reducing the code by around 100 KB
4) Stability fixes, and modification to the advertisement in attempt to improve closing speed after clicking skip.
5) Framework for our Android Application (For activation in the next build, I expect it will be 4.00)
6) Update Notification...
102w ago - Hi, after the events this weekend regarding a domain issue I've had to release a new build to patch several glitches with premium memberships and some server side work to fix the advert not closing after clicking skip. In 3.90 these are minor changes, but we're required:
1) changed all server side links to pixolia.co.uk from pixolia.org. that's about it one small change to fix several issues...
Also I realised a few saying the advert got stuck, and in some / most cases people didn't click the skip button.
The advert shown at the startup will never close until you've clicked on the skip button unlocked after 5 seconds, it may take slightly longer on single core computers so be patient (old single core computers cause the multithreading to hang for a minute or two, nothing I can do about that.)
I've also reduced the number of advertisements on my website, I'm very disappointed by clicksor for allowing such issues to occur and have reported them to various sites about the risks they pose to consumer safety.