243w ago - Although Googling takes this back to at least 2007 and the Chinese author's Web site linked in the application appears dead, I don't see this in our PS3 Downloads section yet so here goes, from the source link above:
A Chinese programmer has put together a PS3 controller driver that works with standard USB HID. That driver is called SixAxisDriver, and you can grab it right here. Simply run the install, load the driver, reboot Vista, and your controller will be identified and will start working!
250w ago - mopx0 has installed Windows Vista 32 bit on the PS3, the whole process takes a huge amount of time and the end result is that the emulation runs very slow as evidenced by the fact it takes nearly 25 minutes to boot to the start menu.
To quote: It's a 100% PS3 based emulation of Microsoft Windows Vista. Its super slow, but it works.
Tutorial: Install Qemu 0.9.1
- Install Vista on your Computer using Qemu and Bochs Bios Rev 1.171 by sshwarts
- Vlite helps speed the install up, Vista's install may take a day or so
- Bochs Bios Revision 1.171 can be found here (http://bochs.cvs.sourceforge.net/bochs/bochs/bios/BIOS-bochs-latest?view=log&pathrev=MAIN)
- You may also need to add this command "-cpu pentium3" for qemu to work right
- Copy the .IMG to your PS3's HDD
- Open Terminal where the Vista IMG is located
- Type qemu -hda vista.img -m 256 -L "Location to Rev 1.171, Drag n Drop" -cpu pentium3
- The -cpu pentium3 option makes it so it doesn't BSOD with error code 7F
It will take about 25 min to fully boot (network connection and audio show up).