- Today Sony PlayStation 3 hacker durandal
has released OedipusRSX PS3 RSX Reality Synthesizer documentation for other developers to improve graphics utilized in PS3 homebrew applications and games.
Download: OedipusRSX PS3 RSX Documentation
/ OedipusRSX PS3 RSX Documentation
Below is some background on the PS3 RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' via Wikipedia
, as follows:
The RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' is a proprietary graphics processing unit (GPU) codeveloped by Nvidia and Sony for the PlayStation 3 game console.
Unless otherwise noted, the following specifications are based on a press release by Sony at the E3 2005 conference, slides from the same conference, and slides from a Sony presentation at the 2006 Game Developer's Conference.
- 500 MHz on 90 nm process (shrunk to 65 nm in 2008 and to 40 nm in 2010)
- Based on NV47 Chip (Nvidia GeForce 7800 Architecture)
- 300+ million transistors
- Multi-way programmable parallel floating-point shader pipelines
- Independent pixel/vertex shader architecture