127w ago - Although it's been awhile since the previous update, today JNABK reports that Ifcaro has released Open PS2 Loader v0.8 for PS3 complete with Source Code followed by version 0.9 and v0.91 below.
For those unaware, this application allows for loading PS2 iSO images on PlayStation 3 consoles with PS2 support... meaning it must be a non-Slim PlayStation 3 model with (4) USB ports.
• Improved network startups and various fixes
• Added internal HDD support (HDL format)
• Added the ability to choose the default menu (USB, NET, HDD games)
• Added the ability to use a valid disc ID for online games
• Added a fix for modchip freezing (maybe not all modchips)
• Many new game compatibility fixes
• Added IGR (In Game Reset) with a disable per game option
• Added Alphabetical Sorting
• Changed Settings categories
• Added page scrolling (R1/L1)
• Added support for user language files
• Network support...
• Switched to whole new IOP core
• Changed some compatibility modes effect
• Added compatibility for DVD9 layer1
• Improved overall speed for both SMB/USB
• Support for more embedded NAS devices
• Support for multiple partitions
• Added compatibility modes
• isofs/cdvdman now use disc type
• cdvdman now has streams
• Added game loading through network
• Static interface available
• Added language support
• It works in PS3 with PS2 emulation by software
From the ReadMe File:
Open PS2 Loader is a 100% Open source game loader compatible with USB Advance/Extreme game format. It's more compatible and it should work without ps2load or change DNASXXX.IMG tricks.
- Utiliza un modulo USBD libre que lleva embebido.
- Selecciona modo de video
As a follow-up to the PS2 iSOs on Japanese PS3 Consoles article from last week, today our friends Ifcaro, sonyk and the team at DemonHades.org (linked above) have succeeded in running games with USBLoader v0.2 on a PS3 PAL 60gb console.