To quote from his blog (linked above): I have just released a tool to let you build under Osx Mountain Lion:
Sony binutils and toolchain gcc 4.1.1 for SDK 3.60. Don't ask about how to get SDK 3.60
ps3dev binutils, toolchain, psl1ght and ps3libraries
What does this do?
This program will automatically build and install a compiler and other tools official and homebrew used in the creation of official and homebrew software for the Sony PlayStation 3 videogame system using Osx Mountain Lion
What do I need ?
You will need a few tool installed before:
1) Your mac with Osx Mountain Lion. All was tested with mac mini late 2012
2) Enable root account. Ref support.apple.com/kb/PH11331
3) Install xquartz (x11) Ref...
59w ago - Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK has updated PS3 Multi Tools to version 6.0 followed by v6.5, v6.5 r2 for Windows and OSX platforms alongside PS3 LiteTools v0.5 (AllOS) v1 and version 7 below.
67w ago - Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer SvenGDK has updated PS3 Multi Tools to version 5.5 for Windows and OSX platforms followed by PS Multi Tools Checker v0.5.
164w ago - Normally we don't cover MAC stuff, however, today Marcello from PensieriDigitali.com (lupin4 on our site) let us know he has made available a guide detailing how to upgrade PS3Break firmware via MAC OSX (AT90USB162) for PS3 JailBreak users.
To quote: This procedure has been tested only with PS3Break 1.0 key (atmel chip) and do not guarantee that work with other key (in theory just change some parameters).
How to flash a PS3Break 1.0 with MAC OSX:
New method (thanks to ScotthishCpt) with this procedure you do not install anything because ScotthishCpt built a self-contained SDK, and when you're done, just unmount the disk image without trace or driver in the system.
1) Download from HERE the modified version of Avr8_sdk.
2) Double click on (AVR8_SDK.dmg) and mount the volume (avr8_sdk).
3) Browse to Applications directory in the volume.
4) Launch SDK TERMINAL.
5) At this time insert the PS3Break key in the usb port in DFU mode (click the upgrade button immediately after it's inserted).
6) If the key is correctly in DFU mode the green light should be off, you can...