- It's been a few months since their NoPDRM
and PS3 NAND Brick or PUP Updater Error Fix
releases, and now PlayStation 3 developer Glevand
of Gitbrew has started work on porting [Register or Login to view links]
to the PS3 OtherOS++ (CFW) Custom Firmware.
To quote on the progress thus far: PS3: NetBSD
Obtaining Source Code
- Ok, here i will start porting NetBSD to PS3 OtherOS++.
- It would be cool to have another BSD on PS3.
- Special thanks to Makoto Fujiwara and Tsubai Masanari for porting NetBSD to PS3.
- Any help is welcome. Come on BSD fans, let us run NetBSD on PS3.
- It is still work in progress and i'm not able to run NetBSD on PS3 yet.
Building the Toolchain
# cd /usr
# export CVS_RSH="ssh"
# export CVSROOT="anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot"
# cvs checkout -A -P src
# ftp ftp://nandra.segv.jp/pub/NetBSD/ps3/ps3-111111.tar.gz
- I must say the toolchain is really super done.
- Linux really sucks in comparison...