Note: As this is a PC side application, you do not need a JailBroken PS3 to use it with your PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
Recent build changes include the following:
• Double check for Mplayer existence and font generation (useful for latest Sherpya's revisions)
• Ability to shutdown DLNAorgPN automatic support for a given renderer (see DLNAOrgPN attribute in the renderer conf file)
• Some hack stuff for mpeg2 remux on Bravia TVs
• RAW generation fixed
• Custom mencoder quality settings for a given renderer
Not sure what changed in 412 specifically though, all I can find is "small change" (suspect a bug fix).
258w ago - With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, here is some PlayStation 3 news that we missed from earlier this month.
That being said, ps3mediaserver has been working on PS3 Media Server which is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PlayStation 3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.
• Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
• Real-time video transcoding via MEncoder, tsMuxer or Avisynth
• DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder...