- Following up on his previous update
, over the weekend PlayStation 3 hacker Graf Chokolo
has released his PS3 Linux 2.6 Kernel and began documenting his PS3 CFW Custom Firmware with OtherOS++ Project.
His new PlayStation 3 Linux Kernel includes a new HDD, FLASH, VFLASH and RAM drivers for PS3 and AsbestOS
users can use the drivers as well.
Download: Graf Chokolo PS3 Linux 2.6 Repo
To quote: The repository which is based on Linux 2.6 kernel, has several wicked stuff in it especially graf_chokolo’s ram block device. As kmeaw said; “It can read/write anything in PS3 RAM, and very useful for HV hacking”
You can read below the commits done to his version of Linux kernel.
- Added support of several storage regions to PS3 storage library
- Improved PS3 disk block device driver
- New drivers for PS3 NOR and 3 RAM misc driver for full access to HV memory
- Added new HV calls
- Added extra debug messages...