107w ago - Following up on the True Blue PS3 JB2 v2.2 Payload, today PlayStation 3 developers on the Wiki (linked above) have started a preliminary Q&A work-in-progress for hacking the True Blue (TB) PS3 JailBreak 2 (JB2) USB dongle.
Q: Is this possible on other dongles from the FW3.41 days like Blackcat and Teensy?
A: Dongles are bad and obsolete, mkay (once you have the key/algo, you don't need any dongle at all)
Q: Are they (TB team) just stealing the dev eboots?
A: First we thought that too but today the first TB game was released Dirt 3 and it's working and it isn't a dev eboot so it maybe is really worth...
Included are Portal_2_WORKING_TB_READ_NFO_PS3-PARADOX (48x100), Dirt_3_WORKING_TB_READNFO_PS3-PARADOX (61x100),
Rage_WORKING_TB_READ_NFO_PS3-PARADOX (75x250) and Dead_Island_WORKING_TB_READ_NFO_PS3-PARADOX (18x190MB) with details from their PS3 NFO files below.
Spin Pong is an fun and addictive 2-player Pong game for PS3, with some interesting physics and stereo sound.
This was coded using only a retail unit, using logging over UDP.
• Use left analog stick up/down to move paddles.
• Press X to signal that you are ready. Both players need to signal ready before game starts.
• Press START to signal that you want a game reset. Both players need to signal wants-reset before game starts.
I built this with the 1.92 SDK on windows with msys. Just do this:
• you now have spinpong.pkg
• install as usual
• For homebrew developers check out Log.h/Log.cpp for code to log over network.
• To view the logs, use: $ socat udp-recv:6160...