- Following up on the previous
work by PlayStation 3 developer Graf Chokolo
, today naehrwert
has announced news of a PS3 HDD decryption proof-of-concept (PoC) from a PC as a result of reverse-engineering work done by flat_z
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
Below are the details (via ps3devwiki.com/wiki/HDD_Encryption), to quote:
- The following information was reverse engineered from LV1, Storage Manager in LPAR1 and sb_iso_spu_module.self.
- I'm able to decrypt/encrypt my PS3 HDD and VFLASH on PC now.
- XTS-AES-128 is used to encrypt all data on PS3 HDD.
- XTS is NOT CBC!!! It's AES-ECB with tweak XORing. AES-CBC is impractical for HDD encryption. Each sector can be encrypted/decrypted independantly from other HDD sectors.
- Good paper about XTS-AES: ntnu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:347753/FULLTEXT01
- VFLASH is encrypted twice. First with ENCDEC keys and then with...