197w ago - Today modrobert has released PS3 Glitch Finder v1.0, which is a VHDL design for Spartan-3 (eg. xc3s400) FPGAs with the purpose of easily creating a custom pulse which can be used to glitch various hardware like the PS3 memory bus.
From the ReadMe file: The pulse LOW and HIGH multipliers have a resolution of 255 (X"FF") and can be set independently.
• Cycle exact pulse generator process tested with logic analyzer
• Digital Clock Manager (DCM) primitive @ 200MHz (5ns) with lock handling
• Continuous pulse or one-shot mode selectable via switch
• Debounce handling for push buttons to prevent erratic behavior
• Set the LOW and HIGH pulse length multipliers via buttons
• 7-seg LED display support showing HIGH and LOW pulse multipliers
• Open source release under GPL v2
The target device is a Spartan-3 fitted on an FPGA board (eg. Spartan-3 Starter Kit, Basys, Nexys, or similar). You need 5 push buttons (3 is ok also), a four digit "seven-segment" LED display, a dip switch, two regular LEDs, an external crystal/clock at 25MHz or 50Mhz,...