126w ago - A few days back PlayStation 3 developer squarepusher2 announced that the Nintendo Gameboy / GBA Emulator PS3 Port known as VBA PS3 would soon become VBANext, and today subcon959 has made available an unofficial VBANext PKG file for PS3 users to try out while awaiting an official release.
To quote: I am pleased to finally release my teams port of VBA (Visual Boy Advance) to the public. It is a clean port of the most recent VBA-M emulator, that is fully functional, equal to our teams SNES9X-PS3 and FCEU-PS3 releases.
We spent some time optimizing it. The VBA-M source is not conducive to being run on the PPU. After applying many small optimizations we have obtained 60fps in all the important games. Enjoy GB and GBA with shaders!
From the VBA PS3 Version 0.9.9 readme file:
1. CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED VBA-M FUNCTIONS
* Saving/loading of SRAM
* Savestate loading/saving support
- Savestate slot selectable in-game
- Up to 10 saveslots
163w ago - Previously it was reported that shinhalsafar started work on an FCEU NES emulator port for PlayStation 3, and today Robo Hobo has shared a WIP of his Nestopia (NES emulator) and Gambatte (Gameboy Color emulator) PS3 ports for JailBroken consoles.
Note: When upgrading do not delete your old version, it will delete any savegames you've made. Just choose install package, when it tells you the current version is already installed just tell it to install anyway.
• Settings are remembered between sessions
• Option to underscan output, up to 10% for nestopia and 50% for gambatte
• Option to enable Vsync and Linear Filtering(to reduce scaling artifacts, in exchange for blurriness)
• Fixed bug: program stop on white-screen when folder PS2GB already exists, but the file gb.brm dosen't exist in the same time (hopefully)
• Improved: MBC3 controller - should resolve problem with battery-backed save game
• Added: USB Mass Sorage Support
• Added: Real Time Clock support for MBC3 controller
• Added: ability to back to browser when ROM can't be loaded
• Added: ability to run cardridge type: