39w ago - Lab Zero Games CEO Peter Bartholow unveiled a new Skullgirls update today which includes a free character and stage with details below.
To quote: Last week, Lab Zero Games, the new developer of Skullgirls, started an Indiegogo campaign to keep the game growing with the addition of new characters.
The results have simply blown us away – our amazing fans raised $150,000 to fund Squigly, our first DLC character, in under 24 hours. And now, a week later, we've more than doubled that and are well on our way to funding a second character.
So sometime this summer, all owners of Skullgirls will be able to download Squigly free! Not only will you get this awesome, parasite-infested opera singer to play with, you'll also get her story mode and a new stage.
In addition to Squigly's stage, we'll also be developing a new stage, the River King Casino, that will be also be released free. Check out this early concept sketch:
I did say it was early. But in the coming weeks, you'll see that rough sketch turn into a beautiful, hand-painted 3D stage.
In addition to an all-new track by Castlevania: Symphony of the Night composer, Michiru Yamane, this stage will feature our "Patron Saint" contributors'...
124w ago - Sony PlayStation Store Director Grace Chen has revealed today the PlayStation Plus July to August 2011 update, which includes 4 new free games!
To quote: Summer is just starting to sizzle, and we have some amazing content offers coming to PlayStation Plus that will keep you gaming all through the hottest season of the year.
Before we get to the offers available starting July 26th and August 2nd, we are thrilled to let you know that the critically-acclaimed title Limbo is now available for $11.99 (a 20% discount) to all PlayStation Plus members, until August 1st.
You may also notice a change in the look of the Plus category on PlayStation Store. We've updated the design to make it easier for members to navigate through the 100+ offers available, and grouped everything together in a way to easily identify what's being offered. Here's a rundown on what you'll see on PlayStation Store's Plus page:
New Releases: Find the weekly Tuesday updates for PlayStation Plus. We'll still feature the bigger bi-weekly offers which will cover the monthly free games, along with discounts and exclusives, and there will continue to be smaller updates throughout the month.
Last Chance: You should snag these offers quick, as they'll end the upcoming Tuesday.
139w ago - Sony Online Entertainment Senior Producer Wes Yanagi has posted details on the free DC Universe Online PS3 update today, which brings Two-Face and Bat Cave Raids.
To quote: To combat those lingering post-time-change blues, DC Universe Online is adding another free batch of new downloadable content that will introduce you to former Gotham City District Attorney-turned crime boss Harvey Dent (aka "Two-Face") in the sinister new installment.
Follow Dent into The Penguin's hideout to take out his smuggling operation... but you will never know if he is going to help or hinder your gameplay.
Also included in this update is the final part to the Batcave raid where you level 30 players (if you aren't at level 30 yet, hurry up and get there already) will be face-to-face with the caped crusader.
You'll even catch a guest appearance from sneaky trickster Mister Mxyzptlk! We're bringing content for players of all types, so if you're a solo player, duo champion, or veteran raider get ready to jump online!
The free "Heads or Tales" content update for DCUO includes:
• Two-Face Instance: Following Harvey Dent/Two-Face on a mission into The Penguin's hideout, players will aim to take out his latest smuggling operation....
180w ago - FuturLab's Managing Director James Marsden has announced today alongside a video that Coconut Dodge for PS3 and PSP Minis is getting a free update soon.
To quote: I didn't think I would be back here so soon, but we've been hard at work creating a free update to Coconut Dodge!
It's essentially a Director's cut, as we've had a bit more time on our hands to add extra polish and extra features! We've also listened to all the feedback you've given us so far, and implemented a bunch of your suggestions
Here's a list of the updates:
1) 3 Lives - This has been the most requested feature. The game is still a great challenge with three lives, and to reward you for playing the game without being hit, you'll get 20,000 bonus points on levels 10, 20 and 30 if you manage to do it without being hit at all. So, the hardest of the hardcore will have the highest score
2) Quit and Restart from Pause menu. This is something we wanted to do initially, but didn't have the time. It's now in all modes of the game (gave something away there!) and works as expected!
3) A different SuperTurbo run animation. It's faster, with bigger plumes of sand, so that you can tell easier when you've activated SuperTurbo speed.
212w ago - Pelfast President John Bates announced today that a free 'Kreios Resurge' Comet Crash PS3 update is available now on PSN.
To quote: Ever since we released Comet Crash for PS3 on PSN, we've been receiving a stream of emails from fans requesting new features. We're excited to satisfy a bunch of these requests in a content patch that's available right now.
The update introduces new levels, new maps, new battle settings and a new difficulty mode. The fresh additions showcase the best of what Comet Crash has to offer, while making sure fans have plenty to keep them warm during the holidays.
Check out this gameplay footage of the Kreios Resurgence:
The 1.03 update adds the following features:
• 'Expert' difficulty setting for seasoned Comet Crash players. You'll see a surge in enemy attacks that will put your skills to the test.
• 4 new Resurgence levels-one unlocked at the end of each comet during the Campaign. Resurgence levels may require completely new strategies. Beware... no hints!
• 4 new Battle maps to mix up your games a bit.
• Battle timer setting. After the timer runs out, all mobile units generate at 8x the normal rate which should bring games to an exciting finish!...