- Shortly after the PS3 Firmware 4.00 Dev_Flash
dump by UpSilon
I have posted my method
and video (below) for PS3 Demo / Kiosk console owners.
Download: PS3 Firmware 4.00 Dev_Flash Dump for PS3 Demo / Kiosk
WARNING: Modifying dev_flash can be very dangerous! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
For this you will need two hard drives a e3 flasher or similar device to downgrade your PS3 (assuming that your on firmware 4.00 and you have an e3 flasher)
- downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3
- once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
- swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
- place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
- then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
- run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
- goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the files included in the download when finished...