- Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Choco
made available a PPC Compiler for compiling PowerPC (Performance Optimization With Enhanced RISC Performance Comp) instructions to OpCodes for PS3 development and modding with details below.
Download: PPC Compiler.rar
To quote: This is a tool I created for compiling PowerPC instructions into OpCodes. This is EXTREMELY useful for PS3 modding, as all PS3 .elfs are PowerPC. This is a PPU compiler, so it will compile opcodes that will work for any PS3 game application (or xbox .xex files).
How to use:
1. Enter your instructions in the box on the left.
2. Enter the address that you will be injecting the opcodes at in the Start Address box (note, this is the address from IDA/Memory, not the HxD address).
3. Click the compile button.
4. Copy the opcodes from the rightmost box and paste them into your elf at the appropriate address.
To designate a register, put a "%" symbol in front of it. For example:
li r3, 0 <--this will not work.
li %r3, 0 <--this will work.
For bl instructions, just do: