89w ago - Following up on the earlier releases, today PlayStation 3 developer an0nymous has updated PS3Load which allows users to run PS3 SELF programs via wireless or wired network with some make_self bug fixes as outlined below.
To quote via PS3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Dev_Tools#ps3load_3.55_make_self_fixed):
Older versions of ps3load would not work on 3.50/3.55 ("sysProcessExitSpawn2" won't work proper), and you had to use 3.41 instead. This is no longer an issue with the recent version ps3load which fixed the (make_self) issue for 3.55 standalone precompiled version to try: ps3load.gnpdrm.pkg (don't forget to delete your old version first)
1. make your app, produce at least an ELF
2. sprxlinker yourapp.elf (this should be done for you if you use any of the samples)
3. make_self yourapp.elf yourapp.self
4. load ps3load on the PS3
5. define the PS3LOAD environment variable in your favorite shell with tcp:ip_addr (where ip_addr is your the ip address of your PS3)
6. ps3load yourapp.self
119w ago - Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
• Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
• Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
• Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
• Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
• Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
• Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
• Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
• Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
• Menu - Single click squad...