3w ago - Series Director Makoto Shibata has gone behind the lens of the PS2 horror classic Fatal Frame on PS3 today.
Below are the details, to quote: With the recent release of Fatal Frame on PSN as a PlayStation 2 Classic, we reached out to Fatal Frame series director Makoto Shibata to share some thoughts on the inception of one of gaming's tensest, most atmospheric series.
The initial project kicked off under the "Project ZERO" codename when the PlayStation 2 development tools were first made available, back at the time.
Before the Fatal Frame project, I worked on the "Deception" series (aka Tecmo's Deception) which focused on coming up with a new, yet complex game system in order to broaden player experiences. This led us to transcending traditional game genres by combining the best parts of different game systems: action, adventure, puzzle and simulation genres, just to name a few.
When the PS2 hardware came out with dramatically improved graphical capabilities, we took a different approach by keeping the game system and play experience simple. We tried to emotionally reach out to players and get them to feel things they cannot actually see on screen.
As a result, we selected the horror genre, which was an area aligned with my personal interests since I tend to...
Fixes the major "Invalid" error, now most saves should work, except those with time stamp issues...
Let's get started.
COPY YOUR ORIGINAL SAVEDATA FROM THE PS3 -
1. Convert your game with PS2iso2pkg; REMEMBER THE GAME ID. That's how you find it on your storage media (PS2UXXXXX).
2. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," and delete the savedata for your PS2 game.
3. Load your converted PS2Classic at least once on your PS3, then quit when you see the PlayStation 2 logo.
DO NOT SAVE ANY DATA TO THE "MEMORY STICK" WHILE IN-GAME, THIS IS CRUCIAL.
9w ago - Following up on the last update, today Chinese PlayStation 3 developer ccregame has made available ReActPSN v2.24 Beta which now includes PS2 Game ISO (PS2 Classics) encoding support followed by Beta 1 below.
To quote, roughly translated: ReActPSN v2.24 beta import PS2 ISO brief description
1. Click pkg.bat this category to to generate 9 PS2 container installation files under Windows. The the PKG directory under the pkg files are copied to the root directory of U. The RPS200001 SOLT 1.pkg must be copied and installed on the PS3, the remaining eight optional installation.
2. Copy exdata directory to the root directory of U and authorized with reActPSN install, simply install once.