- Recently French PlayStation Vita developer NtRnOs
shared a Proof of Concept (PoC) video demo on installing PKG games and applications on the PS Vita handheld console.
Below are the details, roughly translated:
This proof is not a hack but just to show how to install PKG PSVita outside the circle with the usual and customary and PSN content manager "PSViTA/PS3/PC"
- Download your PKG then copy it to a storage system external or internal to the PS3.
- Install it on your PS3 via "install package" (this may take a few minutes).
- Find it in the queue (TASK) files to install the PS3 (PSVita download content via PS3 or transferred PKG PSVita will not install on your PS3, they just put in the queue waiting to be transferred to a system PSVita).
- Connect your PSVita to your PS3 and go to the content manager (PSVita)
- On your PS3, you should find your PKG copied earlier in the queue for the PS3, click to install it (the PS3 will ask you to connect the PSVita for the transfer).
- In the content manager of PSVita select PS3 PSVita transfer and application, and the ones you want to transfer.
- To finish the PS3 delete the file from your system and you find the application / game installed on your PSVita.
- PS3 PKG checks PSVita...