105w ago - Sony Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home update patch version 1.60 will be arriving this Thursday with details below, as follows:
This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces!
Here's a look at what's coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
How to Apply the v1.60 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (v1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the v1.60 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Furniture Placement Limit
• We have doubled the furniture placement limit in personal spaces and clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
• Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
• 100 standard furniture items or...
• 78 standard furniture items...
184w ago - Today Sony's Home Community Manager CydoniaX revealed that PlayStation Home is being updated to version 1.36 and has detailed the patch notes, as follows:
Just a reminder that Home will be down starting at 2amPST/5am EST tonight, Tuesday, June 1st, 2010, and will be down for a short time. In the meantime, here are the Patch Notes for te 1.36 update.
Patch Notes Improvements:
• We have reduced the time Home takes to start up. After installing and loading the patch for the first time, subsequent loads will be significantly quicker from then on.
• We've also improved the 3D audio positioning for stereo and 5.1 surround sound.
• Fixed a bug that could cause large files to be improperly cached.
• Fixed a bug that would prevent you from changing the size of the cache under certain circumstances.
• Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when taking photographs.
253w ago - As most are aware, Sony's PlayStation Home 1.10 Patch arrived a few days ago. The update weighs in at 77MB, and automatically downloads the next time you sign in.
However, GamerRiley of TheSixthAxis (linked above) has discovered a serious problem with the new PS Home 1.10 patch... it seems you can walk off the map, similar to PC games with the "NoClip" cheats!
Additionally, PlayStation Home Manager Locust_Starrecently shared a peek into what to expect in terms of content updates in the very near future as follows:
• A proverbial boatload of game spaces - including spaces for Warhawk, SOCOM, Resistance, and many, many more (we'll announce more spaces in the coming weeks)...
• Of course, you're all aware of the EA Sports Complex. But let's just say that is coming sooner rather than later. And it's cooler than you imagined.
• These spaces will usher in the next phase of Home. They will begin to utilize this uber-powerful platform's true capabilities. We're talking unlocking items in the games you play from Home (and vice versa),...