- Today CVG
has uncovered a PlayView device trademark registered by Sony Computer Entertainment through the US Patents and Trademarks Office, which may hint at the PSP2 which reportedly features a touch screen
and is rumored
to be announced at E3 2010.
Citing excerpts from the PlayView trademark:
• 'Portable electronic device for receiving and reading text and images and sound through wireless Internet access and for displaying electronically published materials, namely, books, journals, newspapers, magazines, multimedia presentations.'
• 'Computer game software recorded on optical discs';
• 'Computer software for transmitting, sharing, receiving, downloading, displaying and transferring content, text, visual works, audio works, audiovisual works, literary works, data, files, documents and electronic works via video game machines and Hand-held games with liquid crystal displays';
• 'Video game machines with television for personal use'.
• 'Retail store services...