It's been less than a week since PS4 launched with Twitch broadcasting functionality, and the feedback we've been getting from new broadcasters has been phenomenal!
To help new streamers ease into the Twitch community - which is already 45 million members strong - here are some tips for first-time broadcasters:
• Be a curator of conversations: Drive conversation with your viewers. Talk about everything and don't just focus your conversation about the game or games in general. Talk about life, pop culture, music and everything in between.
• Go live longer than an hour: It might sound shocking at first, but Twitch is long-form entertainment. Our broadcasters stream for hours, so find a sweet spot and before you know it you'll be rocking a 24-hour broadcast in celebration of a new game release.
• Find a genre: When laying the foundation for your channel, don't feel the need to be the best at every game. However, if you are good at one genre (FPS, Platforming,...
17w ago - Divekick Creator Adam "Keits" Heart shared some Divekick PS3 and PS Vita divetips strategies with fans today from EVO's Top 3 below.
To quote: Divekick is out on PS3 and PS Vita Tuesday! By now, many of you are starting to realize just how deep and competitive this game really is.
Online ranked play is going to be filled with killers in no time, so to help you get a head start, we've compiled a few tips from the top 3 finishers at EVO 2013. Additionally, we've included a quick character bio for our final fighter, Kenny, to complement our first two roster updates.
5 Tips from EVO Champion Mean Saltine
1. Know your spacing. Every character in the game has a different angle on their divekick. It is critical that you know how close you can get to your opponent without getting kicked in the face. You know you are at the perfect range when you can react to an opponents attack with an attack of your own.
2. Be patient. It might seem natural to go crazy with your divekicks, but it is much more effective to wait for your opponent to make a mistake before you strike. Playing too aggressive is very dangerous against patient opponents!
3. Use your special moves. Every character has two special abilities in the game. Sometimes knowing when...
20w ago - Sony Social Media Manager Sid Shuman is here with a video showcasing The Last of Us Multiplayer on PlayStation 3 which includes 24 survival tips below.
To quote: Two things. First, The Last of Us has a multiplayer mode called Supply Raid that is the freshest, most addictive mode I've experienced in years. Second, I apologize for not posting this guide weeks ago - I've been playing way, way too much TLOU!
The Last of Us differs from other multiplayer games in many ways. It's stealthy, ammo and resources are scarce, and teamwork is absolutely vital. What's more, your total kills take a backseat to Parts - a currency that you can spend on weapon upgrades, ammo, power weapons, and armor.
All of which are capable of evening the odds in a match. You score Parts by downing and executing enemy players, but also reviving teammates, healing friends, and crafting and distributing items.
This tip guide will focus primarily on Supply Raid, which is TLOU's answer to the venerable Team Deathmatch. Stick around for some tips we solicited from Twitter, and leave your own tips in the comments below!
Upgrade melee ASAP. The upgraded two-by-four is the ultimate equalizer, and you'll want it right away. It's...
57w ago - XDev Associate Producer Neil McPhillips is here with ten tips to conquer your foes on PSN in When Vikings Attack today!
To quote: Hey folks, I'm very pleased to announce that When Vikings Attack! is finally out on PSN today!
It's been a long road for the team getting their first game out on both PS3 and PS Vita at the same time but they've done it without a hitch!
We'd like to take the opportunity now to thank everyone who's taken the time to support us during development, played the game at local events and tweeted nice things about us. We hope you all love the finished product and continue to feed back to us any comments you might have.
Now that it's out, we expect to see many brave citizens battling online, so we've put together our top 10 tips for playing the game. Read them well - they may give you the edge online!
• X to dash and catch - Pressing the X button will make your team perform a speedy dash – essential for avoiding incoming projectiles. If you're a bit more confident, you can dash into an incoming object and snatch it out of the air to quickly return it your opponent! This is a very useful move in heated battles.
• Dash and Bash - As well as being a defensive move, dash can also be used offensively. See an oncoming...