- Mojang's Owen Hill
outlined 10 tips alongside a video today for those playing Minecraft
on the PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
To quote: Hi again guys, Owen from Mojang, here. Minecraft
: Playstation 3 Edition launched a few days ago. We thought it would be nice to get some tips from the developers to help you learn the basics.
I asked around the office and gathered these for you. Hope they help!
1. Never dig straight down! It's a lot harder to get back to the surface, and you might end up dropping into lava. Lava is uncomfortably hot.
2. Never dig straight up! You might end up with a head full of sand, gravel, or the melty hot stuff we mentioned earlier.
3. If you come to a junction while mining, and one of the routes leads upwards, take that one. Explore the safe options first, and then go adventuring deep underground.
4. Always watch your back in dark places! There might be something scary behind you... waaah!
5. Make sure you bring torches. Place them first, then collect the resources later.