60w ago - Following up on the previous FckPSN v0.9 updates, today Russian PlayStation 3 user BigFAN has made available a software package and guide on accessing PlayStation Network (PSN) while using PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) 3.55 with details below.
To quote, roughly translated: Today, the user, who wished to remain anonymous, shared instructions for the return of PSN console with firmware 3.55 kastumnymi WARNING! INSTRUCTIONS NOT VERIFIED. All the action is at your OWN RISK! Let's proceed.
Require the availability of Java on your computer, you can download it at java.com Certificate from the archive should be copied to a folder PS3 / dev_blind / data / cert before original certificate. To this folder appeared on record in settings multiman 4.xx should put "Writing to dev_flash", as it is mounted dev_blind.
Next, you need a computer, a router, Sonya, combined into one network. In the settings pleysteyshona expose hands with a computer on the same subnet, the DNS IP write a computer in the network (not the Internet, and home address in...
152w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developer KaKaRoToKS has released the first PS3 Custom Firmware alongside a video of it in action below!
With KaKaRoToKS PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware, users can now run PS3 homebrew 3.55 signed packages (currently doesn't support PS3 game back-ups) via 'Install Package Files' on non-JailBroken PS3 consoles and access PSN for the moment.
- Suspend, Reset and Pandora options added in the recovery.
- Hide MAC Address can be enabled via configuration in recovery.
- VSH Recovery can now be opened with an option in the vshmenu.
- You can quickly exit the recovery by pressing the Select button.
- Game Categories Plugin by Bubbletune integrated (enabled by default, can be disabled in recovery).
- Option to reboot in to official firmware in the recovery, it will remain like this until the next cold reset. (Slim Only, support for the Phat PSP might be added later).
- Slim Colors Patch by Bubbletune integrated, enable in the recovery and flash 13-27.bmp to your flash0. This will allow you to use the Slim Colors on your Phat PSP.
- Higher homebrew compatibility compared to other 5.02 custom firmwares.
- Functional 5.02 pops (keep pops compatibility in mind).
- Speed selected for umd/iso was not properly locked in some new games that used scePower_EBD177D6 instead of scePowerSetClockFrequency to change speed.
- UMD/ISO speed settings now apply to PSN games too.
- Fixed libupdown.prx connecting to dark-alex.org instead of sony when npsignin_plugin checks for a new version and m33 update is enabled.
- Iso file descriptor was not closed in driver deletion
- Added a shutdown command to vshmenu.