- While we don't normally see a lot of PS2 homebrew
news, today TnA
reports that SP193
released his program PS2ESDL / PlayStation 2 External Storage Device Games Loader for PS2 consoles.
Download: PS2ESDL v0.800 OpenBeta
From the ReadMe file, to quote:
How to launch/use PS2ESDL:
- Install your games onto a USB disk (Prefably a hard disk) that was formatted with the FAT32 filesystem.
- Defragment your disk after you install your games. PS2ESDL assumes that your game files are contiguous. Therefore FILE FRAGMENTATION IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
- Launch PS2ESDL in your favourite way.
- Plug in your USB disk that has your games on it.
- Start your game by pressing either the CIRCLE, CROSS or START buttons. Hold the necessry buttons/triggers to invoke the necessary cache size settings and compatibility modes as you do so.
About the patches.ppi file that comes with PS2ESDL: Put it in the same directory where you're launching the main PS2ESDL executable from (It's necessry for compatibility with Armored Core Nine Breaker)!