156w ago - Evolution Studios Game Director Matt Southern has revealed lots of MotorStorm Apocalypse details today, including a Skyline video, PS3 Demo coming in 2011, DLC plans, a Photo Mode and more!
To quote: On the recent trip to New York we unveiled the new MotorStorm Apocalypse track Skyline and we'd like to share a video, as well as bring you details revealed at the event.
First up, the video of Skyline starring my favourite new vehicle, the Superbike is below.
Here's a recap of the new info we shared:
• Player customization: Perks enable full visual customisation and performance customization in the form of perks are both new features.
• Playable demo: A demo is being planned for 2011.
• Stereoscopic 3D: We showed Skyline in stereoscopic 3D, and pretty much everyone agreed with me that it sets the benchmark for 3D gaming. I hope you get to experience it in this way!
• Exclusive content: PSN avatars, dynamic themes, pre-order and PlayStation Plus exclusives are all planned and we'll have specifics to share very soon.
• New Photo Mode: We've got a sophisticated Photo Mode that can capture gameplay images in ultra-high resolutions, as well as some easy-to-use tools that allow for fantastic post-effects - all of the Skyline screenshots...
290w ago - There's a bigger, badder and more badass sequel coming out this year. You guessed it: MotorStorm Pacific Rift. There's more to be excited about in the sequel other than interactive vegetation.
If you didn't hear, Pacific Rift is going to have twice the tracks of the original, and four-player split-screen racing (something sorely missing from the original).
Pacific Rift is also going to add a number of commonly requested features, such as a Photo Mode, which allows you to take screenshots from within the game to store and share on your PS3.
There's also Custom Soundtracks, which allows you to play music from your hard drive, so you can finally drive around thrashing to Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne (if you so choose).
Sixteen tracks. Twenty player online multiplayer. Custom soundtracks. Photo mode. Monster trucks. It really looks like Pacific Rift is really going above and beyond the original's offerings. Video, after the cut.