Below are all the details for those interested, to quote: PCSX2 1.0 released!
After many long years of development, debugging and testing effort, we have reached a point where PCSX2 runs a great majority of the games, and there are no important issues that could possibly be fixed without requiring major modifications to the emulator.
Because of that (and because we already felt it was overdue), we decided to stop thinking of new things to do for a bit, polish the stability, compatibility and existing features and release the result as the first major version of PCSX2!
There have been tons of changes since the last release, including improvements to Jake Stine's wxWidgets GUI overhaul, cottonvibe's new multithreaded VU core and improvements on the primary plugins.
This release is a big milestone that marks the way to new features and improvements!
170w ago - Today PuppetMaster reports that drk||Raziel has just announced he is working on porting NullDC and PCSX2 to Sony's PS3 entertainment system.
For those unaware, NullDC is a DreamCast emulator and PCSX2 is a PS2 emulator, with the official news update below, to quote:
"Well, sometimes you just can't get free from your projects as easily as you want to. So, seeing as there wasn't much interest in nulldc's source I started to work at it again ! (And yes, of course it will remain open source).
So, I'm officially again working on nullDC! There's a bank of ideas on the wiki on what I plan to do. We're also planning to get the project side back up and stuff.
Leaving that aside, I'd also like to ask for donations. The project hasn't really asked for donations so far (except specific cases, like the Pandora port that required hardware to be brought). As I'm running quite low on money I'll open up donations for the project.
Donated money will be used for: Getting a ps3, porting/working on nullDC/pcsx2 for ps3, getting a jtag'd xbox to port stuff to it, and finally to pay for server/misc hardware fees."
• Improved block managers for EE/IOP recompilers. Basic asm optimizations combined with a technique of replacing NULL/invalid pointer checks with a direct link to a JIT dispatcher.
• IOP Fixes and Optimizations
• A couple of important VIF fixes
• Started some work on the pcsx2 emitter
• Usual opcodes fixes
• More recompiled opcodes added
• New EE rec "full" clamp mode, for a few picky games
• Usual code cleanups and reorganizations
• Usual speed optimizations (varies from game to game)
• Some EE interpreters fixes
• Added new, temporary gamefix for God of war and persona 3. If you have missing textures with this beta, you can try that.
• Major GUI API Cleanups
• Savestate version upgrade and stability fix
• New yuv2rgb decoder which is up to IPU spec (which differs slightly from MPEG spec). Improves color hue/saturation on many vids, and is a bit faster too.
• Many other small bugfixes and optimizations
327w ago - The new PCSX2 plays PS2 games close to full speed and now supports online play! The authors and beta testers have successfully played Monster Hunter online on the official servers with people playing on real PS2s. Keyboard support was then added for chatting.
There is no release with these features yet and please do not bug the authors about one. You can however play with the latest released version.