207w ago - Media Molecule recently released the LittleBigPlanet v1.22 Danish Blue update, followed directly by version 1.23 for Sony's PS3 entertainment system.
The update features are detailed below, however, some of them are only available to those with the Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit.
• Water now available to creators who own the Pirates of the Caribbean Premium Level Kit, and playable via community levels for everyone. Check the FAQ for more information on controlling water.
• Added 11 new trophies. See details here.
• Scuba Gear Powerup -The Scuba Gear object gives Sackboy an infinite air supply when he is underwater.
• Bubble Machine -The Bubble Machine refills Sackboy's air supply if he is in close proximity to the object. It can be operated on or off by a switch object.
• Water Switch - The Water Switch is a switch that is activated when it is submerged in water. It can be connected to the same objects as other switches.
• Global Water Object - Similar to the Global Lighting Object the GWO can change the water's settings over a specified time when it is triggered.
210w ago - Update #4: The 1.07 patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is now available for download on the PlayStation 3. According to Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward, the latest patch (15 MB) fixes the prestige and public "private" match hacks in addition to re-balancing the Akimbo 1887s.
Update #3: IW's latest Tweet states "Update in Test now: 1887s Balanced. Public "private" Match fix. Infinite Ammo fix. Prestige Hack on PS3 fix. Texture Hack on PC fix."
Update #2: Infinity Ward's fourzerotwo has now Tweeted that a solution to the Public "Private Match" hack going on in #MW2 at the moment is underway alongside lots of updates in the works.
Update: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 patch v1.06 (detailed below) is now released!
Earlier today we reported news of an Assassin's Creed 2 glitch, and this weekend several new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 glitches, hacks, and patch updates by Infinity Ward have also surfaced.
211w ago - Update: The Tekken 6 patch update is now live!
Namco Bandai Games today released further details about the forthcoming free downloadable update designed to improve the online game experience for players of Tekken 6 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The update is scheduled for release on November 26th, 2009.
The update is separate from the online co-op Scenario Campaign mode download which is scheduled for release separately this winter.
Press Release: TEKKEN 6 ONLINE UPDATE - MORE DETAILS AND RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED
Online gameplay enhancements in the update include the following:
• Improved input response: improvement of the game's responsiveness to button / command inputs;
• Selectable search priorities for ranked matches: players will be able to set search priorities for opponents in ranked matches based on comparable rank or connection quality as well as location;
• Optimized data transmission between fighters and spectators: fight data will be optimized in order to reduce the bandwidth load on the host's console;
• Signal strength bars: the signal strength bar will reflect connection quality more accurately;
• Chance to cancel match: players will be able to cancel the match before it begins once the opponent's signal strength...
213w ago - During a recent interview with PlayStation: The Official Magazine (PTOM) in the Holiday '09 issue, PSN Director Eric Lempel discusses how Firmware update features are planned and released for the PlayStation 3 and PSP consoles and touches on cross-game voice chat.
To quote: "We go about doing that in a few different ways. We do consumer research in addition to following our roadmap.
We've had a very long roadmap that we've wanted to roll out, and clearly all of them couldn't be rolled out day one when the PS3 launched. So we've been implementing these features as we go along and some of them, and some of them take longer than others."
Lempel continued: "Of course time and manpower always factor in because there aren't limitless resources. And are sometimes key features that must go out in Firmware updates. For example, you saw on September 1, we released a 120GB PS3 and we did a Firmware update, and there were some enhancements in that specifically to bring on the new hardware."
The director of the PlayStation Network further explained: "We absolutely read all the feedback that we see on our blog when we do firmware updates. We have people who look across different forums and different sites. And we also do our own testing - some very extensive testing.."