224w ago - Rockstar just announced at their official Facebook and Twitter pages that the PSP version of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is set for an October 20, 2009 release. Some initial screens are now available as well!
Chinatown Wars was first released on the Nintendo DS with a unique twist for Grand Theft Auto on the console, now it's being transferred to the PSP system and will be available trough retail and download for the PSP Go.
To quote: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars coming October 20th for PSP.
Yes, it will be available as both a digital download (via PLAYSTATION Network) and a retail UMD.
224w ago - Today Rockstar has debunked the rumor that surfaced yesterday that Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost and Damned DLC may be heading to the PlayStation 3 console.
To quote: Rockstar Games has told VG247 that the two episodes of DLC for Grand Theft Auto IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, wont be going to the PlayStation 3 and are still Xbox 360 exclusives.
It comes as an SCEE community moderator, who was at GamesCom this week, reported last night that The Lost and Damned was playable on the showfloor for the PS3 in Cologne.
A Rockstar rep told us: "The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony are both exclusive to Xbox 360."
226w ago - A new video trailer is available showcasing Guitar Hero 5's new Rockfest Multiplayer in action.
Alongside it are some details from Producer Brian Bright, who described it as "a suite of new multiplayer game types in Guitar Hero 5 that can be played individually or in teams."
These different games can be strung together in a "playlist" so that each round of multiplayer involves a different goal. The "Rockfest" games include:
• "Momentum," in which all players start at medium difficulty, which increases with every 20-note streak and decreases with three missed notes.
• "Streakers," in which points are awarded only for consecutive notes in multiples of ten. "One point for the first 10 note streak, two for reaching 20, three for 30, and so on."
• "Perfectionist," in which each section of a song is scored by percentage of correct notes, with the top player receiving four points, the next best player receiving two, and third place receiving one.
• "Do or Die," which knocks a player out for the remainder of a section for missing three notes (otherwise known as the "Not Fun" variant).
• "Elimination," in which low-scoring players are eliminated...
227w ago - Today Psyonix Studios Programmer Corey Davis has announced that Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars has received another free update, to quote:
Psyonix Studios is pleased to announce the release of the latest patch for our PS3/PSN game, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!
The game, if you're not familiar, focuses on exciting car-vs-car soccer gameplay. Rocket around (or above!) the field, crash into the ball to shoot spectacular goals, or even destroy the opposing team's cars if you're going fast enough!
The highlights of this update include:
• It's free!
• Two brand new maps: "Galleon", set aboard a pirate ship at night, and "Stadium", based on a sprawling European-style football field (cheering fans included!)
• Many improvements to the handling of lag and servers with slow internet connections in general
• Two new skins for each car, 14 in total
• Updates to our unique replay editor so you can more easily record your favorite highlights and upload them directly to YouTube!
• Tons of bug fixes and general improvements
A full change list is available on our forums here,...
229w ago - Most recording artists would love to have their music available on MTV Networks' Rock Band videogame. But MTV's Harmonix unit, the developer of Rock Band, simply hasn't had the time or staff to program the vast number of songs it would like to include in the game.
That's about to change. Later this year, MTV plans to launch a groundbreaking initiative called the Rock Band Network that will enable any artist-unsigned emerging act, indie cult fave or major-label superstar-to submit songs for possible inclusion in the game.
To quote: The Rock Band Network recently started a closed beta trial, which MTV expects to expand to a public beta test in August. The company hopes to open the Rock Band Network store before year's end.
Songs available through the new store, which will remain separate from the existing "Rock Band" store, will be initially available for download to users of Microsoft's Xbox 360 game console. MTV expects to eventually make the popular tracks available for use on the Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii game systems.
"We've figured out how to make it so anybody who owns and controls masters and publishing can put music into ["Rock Band"] at their own pace," says MTV Games senior VP of electronic games and music Paul DeGooyer. "We're talking about a set of serious...