166w ago - Update: For those curious exactly why PS3 3.42 Firmware version games won't run with PS3 JailBreak, HERE is why, to quote:
"Apparently with the introduction of 3.42 firmware, Sony added new encryption keys for their games. What this means is all new games will begin using these keys (MOH being the first). Since 3.41 firmware doesn't contain these encryption keys, the firmware can't decrypt and run newer games. When it fails to decrypt a game it produces the error 80010019.
Don't panic just yet, this isn't the end of all hope for playing newer games on 3.41 firmware. If hackers somehow figure out a way to decrypt these newer games' executable (EBOOT.BIN), they could then redistribute the decrypted executable for each new game. Then the new games could be once again playable on 3.41. However, do not get your hopes up as this is a ways off. It seems for now, jailbroken consoles are stuck with the current crop of games."
Previously it was reported that F1 2010 was the first game to require PS3 Firmware 3.42, however, today lineX7 has confirmed...
• Installing of MinGW, msys, msysDTK and setting the environment for msys
• View PKG info
• View PKG Contents
• Unpack PKG
• Decrypt EBOOT.BIN
• Edit .ELF
• Encrypt .ELF
• Edit SFO
• Generate PKG config file
• Repack PKG
It's a command line tool and will automate some task and make the job of pkg modifying and generating a much easier. It's not perfect and I'm not a coder but when I have time and you guys like it I will update the tool.
Just unpack the .rar to .exe and install it where you want.
174w ago - SCEE Online Designer Wael Naguib has shared a guide today on how to create your own PS3 Themes for the PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
To quote: I am one of the Online Designers here at PlayStation Europe and I am here to talk to you about how to create your very own PS3 custom themes. Here is the PS3 Custom Theme Tool download.
I have created several custom themes available on PlayStation Store - you may be familiar with themes such as Manga, Graffiti and Rag-doll Kung-fu. The Manga and Graffiti themes were created on a PC and are based on my creative interests in urban street art, Japanese anime and Manga comics.
Coming up with theme ideas is really fun and can be challenging; I've discovered it's always good to start your ideas by thinking of a good background image before you begin work on the icons. A character, scene or texture is a good starting point to begin with and that will help you ensure your icons will fit with the chosen background.
If you like to keep things simple you can use the icons provided with the theme kit and edit them however you like e.g. change the colour of the icons or maybe add some shadow behind.
• Minor message output changes
• Fixed bug where rcomage may have tried to convert non-GIM images through gimconv when dumping
• Fixed minor issue if Image/Sound/Text tree contained no subentries
• Removed option to select compression for PNG/JPG/TIF/GIF resources in GUI as it's mostly useless and may break the RCO if changed
• Add UMDFlag attribute to...
1. If you do not already have 010 Editor -> Download and install a free 30-day trial for Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 of 010 Editor.
2. Unzip the archive (PS3MemDump_hv_call_table.zip) in attachement in your documents path for example C:/MyDocuments/SweetScape/010 Templates/
3. Start 010 Editor.
4. Click on shortcut Ctrl+O (menu File -> Open File...) and choose the file PS3_Memory_Dump.bin.
5. Click on shortcut Ctrl+F5 (menu...