244w ago - SCEA Associate Producer Chris Hinojosa-Miranda shared the following this weekend via PlayStation Blog:
One of the new great features of Patapon 2 is the great masked warrior Hero Patapon.
Hero Patapon is a mythical creature (like a yeti, but cuter and real-er), with magical powers and a heart of gold. His fighting skills are second to none and it's rumored that he beat Chuck Norris in a staring contest (with one eye!).
True this: he is the most powerful Patapon in the WORLD!
So your question is: how do you tap into this awesomeness and channel his amazing-ness into complete Karmen oblivion? Well friends, I have two syllables for you: fe-ver.
That's right, Fever Mode, the magic point in time when your rhythmic prowess sets the Patapons into a frenzy is also the time when Hero Patapons special abilities come to shine. So here is how it will work: lets say you are headed down a jungle, spear in hand chanting Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon (march command) to you heart's delight...and then you see a Kachidonga in the distance...and you strike Pon-Pon-Pata-Pon (attack command).
Under normal conditions, this would set of a hail of spears and arrows from your troops, and if you are in Fever Mode, the hail would blacken...
245w ago - Capcom Product Marketing Manager Colin Ferris shared some details on the upcoming Monster Hunter PSP title as follows:
The upcoming release of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is exciting to everyone involved in the title. For those who don't know, Monster Hunter puts you on the hunt for a variety of majestic beasts that you have to defeat in order to become the ultimate hunter.
With thousands of different types of weapons and armor, as well as over 500 hours of gameplay, this is the most engrossing action/RPG title for the PSP ever created.
What really makes the game shine, however, is the excellent multiplayer that makes use of the PSP's built-in Ad-hoc multiplayer.
Join with three of your friends to hunt monsters that you simply couldn't defeat on your own. Playing the game with friends is truly the best way to play it, and with the PSP's network abilities, everyone has their own screen to play on.
Though we've had an awesome group of core fans in the US, our goal is to let everyone experience the adventure with Monster Hunter this time around. To introduce you all to the world of Monster Hunter, we've put together this "newscast" with our intrepid reporter covering the imminent onslaught of monsters...
245w ago - According to reports, the PSP is showing significant profits for Sony over previous years.
In Q1 of 2009, PSP hardware sales are up 75% from last year and software sales are up over 20%. Despite this growth, many are worried as it's yet to catch up to PS3 or even PS2's formidable numbers.
Huh... That's kinda weird. Like myself, you've probably noticed that when you visit your favorite retailer, the PSP section has been getting smaller and smaller.
This appears to be the result of the PSP's candle burning at both ends. On the one hand, retailers are devoting less space to the PSP in favor of more popular products. On the other hand, developers are complaining about the level of difficulty in programming games for the device, especially when dealing with the UMD format. For most, it's just not worth the hassle.
However, 2008 showed a spectacular increase in business through digital distribution. Seeing this, Sony's announced great plans for expanding their PlayStation Store. Many developers, such as Capcom, have also expressed interest in taking advantage of this...
Usage Notes: 1) Before you can use the Advanced Multi-tasking, you'll need to enable the option "Slim Advanced Multi-tasking" under iR Configurator.
2) You can load 2 Applications to the 2 memory slots in the Slim. Slot 1 is the usual memory area for loading applications (the lower 32MB RAM); while slot 2 is the new memory area (the upper 32MB RAM only available on Slim).
3) By default, the 1st app will be loaded in slot 1, and the 2nd app will load in slot 2 automatically. To force the 1st app to load in slot 2, hold Left-Trigger while lauching an application under the confirmation popup window.
4) The typical app switch toggle...
• Added support to Dark_AleX's LEDA. Pls note iR Shell only supports LEDA version 0.2. To enable LEDA support within iR Shell, enable the option "Legacy Homebrew Support via DA's LEDA" under iR Configurator.
• Increase remotejoy framerate to around 30 FPS while running PS1 games.
• Fixed most game audio stuttering while mp3 is playing.
• Fixed PPA plugin crashing with nethostfs/usbhostfs access.
Special thanks to:
• Dark_AleX for the M33 custom firmwares and his assistance during iR Shell development.
• Tyranid and other developers in ps2dev.org for creating the pspsdk.
• F34R, Osgeld, StoneCut and other moderators who keep irshell.org running and providing technical support to the community.
• All iR Shell...